Sign in to follow this  
TNG10

What Caught Your Eye?

Hello! So for the sake of starting a discussion, what was it about We Happy Few that caught your eye and made you say, "I have to play this!" I can tell you for me it was the very first trailer I saw with Uncle Jack! It starts out all nice (minus the face paint he's wearing) and Uncle Jack says forcefully "what about YOU!" That one line set the whole mood and vibe of the game for me! I knew that I had to keep up with the game and I'm so excited for it! The videos I have seen of gameplay make it look like a lot of fun! What about you?! Was it a line like me, or something else in the trailer?

-------------------------------------------

Remember, don't be a downer!

I saw a video called "top 30 games im going to try in the next 10 years." and whf was one of them. Needless to say I was hooked instantly

The creepy yet happy Utopia/Dystopia setting, the visual designs, the general Wonka-esque candyland feel altogether, Jack. <3 Honestly every single part of the trailer caught my eye.

The visuals; i love the cartoonish style, which fits perfectly with the dark tone of the game.

Also, the humor displayed in the trailer is SUPERB, and as a fan of dark humor, i want more!

Dystopias always grab my attention even if only for a minute, but when Jack was talking about how people were happy laughing and taking their joy it reminded me of A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (which is a top 10 fav book of mine) I immediately fell in love. On top of that the style of it is just so beautiful.

Yesterday Youtuber Christopher Odd happened to stream his play of the game while sporadically Skyping with two of the developers. Since I'd just seen Jim Sterling

it I was interested enough to check it out. The visual style, feel of the game, hints of story (suspicious absence of children and the existence of a "Village of Hamelyn" screenshot) and fundamental stability of the current build made me interested enough to drop $60 for the Pre-Alpha pack on Kickstarter.

Honestly, until yesterday I'd literally never heard of it.