Guest Mongu1021

Future Perfect Bug

Guest Mongu1021

I’m doing the “Furture Perfect” quest and got to the point where I have to collect all the parts to fix the machines, I got one of the parts and died soon after, I continued to grab the rest of the parts and no objective was given after, I noticed that on walkthroughs the people receive the repair subquest almost immediately after picking up the part they needed, without these quest I’m unable to repair any of the machines and as far as my knowledge goes progress through the game. Please help if anyone can. I’m playing on the Xbox One S and am on Build v1.3.70173

Guest Casey luther

My stranger in a strange land quest pops up in the journal but it’s blank I can’t open up the painting to continue. Also in the hive mind I can’t get the honey doesn’t even give me the option . Help 

Guest Casey luther

I’m on os4 build 1.3.70168

Guest MrBr1ghts1de624

Platform Xbox. 

The game has been shutting itself down a lot. One particular time was shortly after I got the quest "Future Perfect" and went to go into the  employee portion of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research. Game froze, reloaded, but I no longer have the quest and since I went through 'hostile take over' the mission is no longer spawning. I can go in the building and have collected the devices to fix the machines, but there is no prompt to use the items. I've put a lot of time into this and my last manual save was a long, long time ago. Not looking to repeat and spend more hours just to get to the same glitch again. 

Hello @Mongu, you're saying that you have no objectives in your game when collecting parts. What does your quest journal look like? Is it blank?

@Casey Luther, sounds like you're talking about a different mission altogether here, next time please consider starting a new thread. In the meantime can you tell me if you've completed the puzzle? Not being able to complete Hive Mind is a known issue and the team is working on fixing it in the future.

@MrBr1ghts1de624, I've merged your thread with this one because I felt you were seeing a problem very similar to @Mongu's. Have you since attempted to reload the game? Are your quests blank on the journal screen?

Thank you for using the forums.
-Laura

Guest Mongu1021
4 hours ago, Lawrah said:

Hello @Mongu, you're saying that you have no objectives in your game when collecting parts. What does your quest journal look like? Is it blank?

@Casey Luther, sounds like you're talking about a different mission altogether here, next time please consider starting a new thread. In the meantime can you tell me if you've completed the puzzle? Not being able to complete Hive Mind is a known issue and the team is working on fixing it in the future.

@MrBr1ghts1de624, I've merged your thread with this one because I felt you were seeing a problem very similar to @Mongu's. Have you since attempted to reload

Hi @Lawrah my quest journal shows two quest under the Story Quest tab, the first being “Future Perfect” and the other being “Letter of Transit” the future perfect quest has all objectives checked off the the last one being “Look for a valve handle” there is no other objective being diplaued when I mark it as my active quest, in the letter of transit quest the objective I haven’t completed is “Enter broadcast tower” which I am almost positive I can’t complete yet.

-Mongu

Guest MrBr1ghts1de624

Hi Laura,

Yes, I've reloaded the game and still nothing. Reset the Xbox completely, still nothing. I went back to the town before via hatch, tried crossing the bridge again and tried going through the Hostile Takeover building again to get to the other side where the quest should prompt and still nothing. Can't lift the quarantine without that quest. My journal isn't empty (I still have Letter of Transit and others), but Future Perfect quest is definitely missing and not under 'completed'. Somehow I glitched to the other side of the quarantine walls but was overburdened with stuff and teleported to the hatch in the beginning of the area, crashed again, and then no mission. 

-MrBr1ghts1de624

On 9/4/2018 at 8:25 PM, Guest Mongu1021 said:

Hi @Lawrah my quest journal shows two quest under the Story Quest tab, the first being “Future Perfect” and the other being “Letter of Transit” the future perfect quest has all objectives checked off the the last one being “Look for a valve handle” there is no other objective being diplaued when I mark it as my active quest, in the letter of transit quest the objective I haven’t completed is “Enter broadcast tower” which I am almost positive I can’t complete yet.

-Mongu

Hello Mongu, it sounds a whole lot like you were in the middle of Future Perfect but then left and now are stuck. I'd like to link a youtube video to you that might help get you unstuck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4jMx41-VE

Good Luck.

On 9/4/2018 at 8:25 PM, Guest MrBr1ghts1de624 said:

Hi Laura,

Yes, I've reloaded the game and still nothing. Reset the Xbox completely, still nothing. I went back to the town before via hatch, tried crossing the bridge again and tried going through the Hostile Takeover building again to get to the other side where the quest should prompt and still nothing. Can't lift the quarantine without that quest. My journal isn't empty (I still have Letter of Transit and others), but Future Perfect quest is definitely missing and not under 'completed'. Somehow I glitched to the other side of the quarantine walls but was overburdened with stuff and teleported to the hatch in the beginning of the area, crashed again, and then no mission. 

-MrBr1ghts1de624

Hello, unfortunately you will need to load a previous save or start a new game in order to progress. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.
I want you to know that the team is currently working releasing a new patch (1.4) That will address some of the more severe issues that are still present in the title such as crashes, framerate issues and the inability to continue certain quests. The issue shouldn't happen to you again if you start a new game after downloading the newest patch.

-Laura

Guest Mongu1021

@Lawrah unfortunately, this video wasn’t able to assist me at all and I almost positive that I’m stuck here and won’t be able to get out, I don’t have any saves other than this one so I’ll have to restart, if need be I can provide a video of what my screen shows in the current state, I will provide it if you request so you can get it across to the team, I think he main issue was me dying and the game not being sure where to revert too with the checkpoints so it just stopped updating the quest. Thanks for trying to help me though and I appreciate, I’lol remember this time to create multiple save slots so if anything happens I can fix it. Thanks again though.

-Mongu

Guest Matreize

Stuck in "future past" after many gameplay hours and still no way to address the issue? All you are saying is to start the game from the beginning? No prompts to use quest items, after the game shut down my Xbox One X for the overheating-bug.

22 hours ago, Guest Matreize said:

Stuck in "future past" after many gameplay hours and still no way to address the issue? All you are saying is to start the game from the beginning? No prompts to use quest items, after the game shut down my Xbox One X for the overheating-bug.

This is a known issue where the Future Perfect quest may not trigger when exiting Hostile Takeover. 

We've fixed the issue in v1.4 and are planning to release that patch later this week, however we don't have an exact date yet. 

If the NPCs who trigger the quest (the Doctor and the Wellette) are still alive in your game, then the patch should fix your save game and you should be able to trigger the quest. If not, then unfortunately you will have to load an earlier save, before exiting Hostile Takeover, or start a new game. I'm sorry to have to tell you this. 

There is a video here showing when the quest should normally trigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4jMx41-VE

Cheers,

Lee