Xbox One 1Tb, 2015
v1.3.70173

Post-update I'm now only able to load from a Last Shelter Visited save, and once that happens the Save Game option in the menu is greyed out. This becomes a problem as the game is still frequent to crashing the Parade district. 

I noticed under my build version there's another string of numbers following a "WS:", does that have something to do with it?

Guest Same issue

I'm now experiencing this exact same issue. I intentionally saved outside of the Dr office (for known game breaking reasons,) and when I went back into the game it crashed. I tried 4-5 times with no luck so I had no choice but to load from last shelter visited. Now I can't save manually anymore. The auto saves are also infrequent which is off considering I usually get them popping up ever few minutes.

Hello @Scurry. The WS string you're seeing represents your worldseed.
I would like to thank you both for posting your information in this thread. There are several instances in the game where the user is prevented from saving. This happens mostly during specific encounter/missions/quests but I would need more information to be certain that this is not the case that you are seeing. You should not be seeing it immediately after you load into the game.

In the meantime all I can tell you is that the team is currently working on a new patch (1.4) That should address some of the more severe issues that are still present in the title.
You aren't alone in experiencing problems with your shelters and your save capabilities. We're aiming to release the next patch soon.

Thank you for your patience.
-Laura