Sign in to follow this  
Muncha

v7822 - Crash on New Game

Tried to load 7822, got the menu, clicked new game, got the key layout screen then went to a black screen and never recovered. Gave it the 3 finger salute and tried again, had a crash notification screen at the same point.

Relevant log file.

Verified steam cache - No issues, 100% good.

Deleted steamapps/Glimpse/Saved (I think, definitely saved folder and contained Config and Logs folders).

Crash still happens.

I've just deleted local content and I'm going to remove anything with the word Glimpse in it and start again.

Found Users\...\Local\GlimpseGame, deleted that.

Re-downloading now.

Have looked at the word Glimpse too many times, no longer makes sense and now sounds silly. Glimpse... Glimp-sey? Glim-pes? Plural of Glimp?

@Mucha Glimpseeees. I have no idea. We really have to change the path name ;)

Thank you, I'm sorry this happened. In this update, we moved the user folder from steamapps/Glimpse/Saved (your first folder) to the second, mostly so that local user data wouldn't cross over between installs on the same PC (and because it's what you should be doing with user-specific data). Well, at least that's my non-programmer explanation, Camille probably has a more accurate one.

Still surprised the saved data caused a crash, but it may have to do with the leftover data. Or it could have been just one corrupted file that Steam's verification couldn't catch.

Either way, glad it's working again!