Sign in to follow this  
Rubi_Roe

TOO HARD!

little to no tutorial, so it took me ages to realise i could even craft things and how to do that.

no saves makes it near impossible to get into the game. very disheartening to start playing, having no idea how to play and having to restart every 10 minutes.

the half alive thing is pointless. especially when youre walking around basically dead, and theres nothing avalable to revive you. it just seems like a waste of resources.

its so hard to find food , also when you walk too far away from things you cant see them on the compas, id really like if there were hints if you spend too long not doing anything. or anything! at this point, its too hard and i regret the purchase.

I am sorry but I do not think this game is hard at all. I actually think it is quite refreshing to not have the game hand holding me the whole way through. It is like games use to be. You need to use your brain and intuition. I find the younger generation is not able to do this anymore because of game hand holding them and putting giant gleaming markers above treasures and items and blinking red icons around what to do next. That's why they are unable to play older games and don't enjoy them because the feel to hard and don't offer instant gratification. Plus in the game your coming down off some pretty hardcore drugs of course you have no idea wtf is going on.

I've played about 5 hours I'd say, and I think the difficulty is just right, my only request would be for us to place our own waypoints on the map. That and a few of the quests appear to be broken.

I don't believe it's too hard if you do what any gamer should and look through the menu and the buttons to see what can be done. We have definitely gotten to used to things being handed to us in games. Refreshing to actually have to work for it.

@Rubi_Roe

You just need to set objectives for yourself. A way that you enjoy playing. The day moves very quickly so get into the habit of roaming around for food when you wake up. Afterwards go scavenge houses and explore open fields. You will unlock quest and find items that will keep you progressing forward. Keep in mind it is a survival game and objectives are not going to be painted in black and white for you. It is also an Alpha build so bugs are inevitable, but as they patch the game it should become more and more accessible to you and other casual gamers.

I agree with Rubi on some points. Like the rather lacking tutorial, or even a very friendly menu system (who thinks "inventory" when they see a coat hanger, honestly?).

As for the actual difficulty of the game, once you get well stocked.... you're still screwed because of how fast you burn through food that barely regenerates anywhere. The only real challenge is finding food and water. I honestly would be enjoying my time more if I weren't constantly hunting for food or a water pump (in later stages).