Sign in to follow this  
tec

Xbox One: inventory observation

I don't know if its just me, that I am not used to the icons yet, but I am having real trouble identifying objects. I have to keep scrolling through each item on the inventory to see what it is, but then there is a bit of a pause before the description box pops up so its very time consuming. certainly colour coding item groups would help, but is there room for a small text name?

I've made some changes recently to make the highlighted item scale up a bit and make the cursor highlight itself more obvious and with some minor animations. These should make it in by the next update.

The delay on the tooltip was actually added later after a UX review so people can navigate the grid without having the tooltips in the way of the cursor. I'm not positive this is an improvement, however, so I might tone it down or at least make it "smarter" by only slowing down if navigating the grid quickly.

Lastly, there's definitely some improvements in the works for the inventory to make items more easily identifiable. It's something that's becoming increasingly necessary as the amount of item types goes up, so I'll be looking to tackle both the item variety and the look in the inventory.

Yes I need to find the items for food, drinking, Medi and so on fast because Im dying in that time. Its really hard to identify the important items that I need to survive. Seperate Boxes for food, drinks, medical items is more than necessary. The rest of the items are not so important.