Sign in to follow this  
Meatbath

Devs: I'm sorry that I missed the point.

I'm disappointed in myself for not seeing it sooner. It does the people working on this game an injustice to bitch so early on and I'm just as guilty as anyone else in that I complained about the harshness of the survival system during an alpha. If were a dev, I'd be waiting around for the bulk of the community to grasp the pure, horrific truth of the game we've all been playing for the last day.

I think most people might skip the long idea / recommendation posts if they did.

Here's a link to the thread it was posted in if you haven't figured it out yet;

http://compulsiongames.com/forum/discussion/2604/are-there-supposed-to-be-cops-roaming-at-night

• Like 1

I agree with what you are saying, however I can see that its comes across as a little harsh when you are trying to get to grips with a new game and make some progress. That's possibly why people are mentioning it. I want to get stuck in and try out all the great stuff but am feeling a little held back by the survival aspects.

That's the thing, I felt exactly the same way. I totally understand where you're at, it's just that I now also understand that I was passing judgement on a body of work when I could really only see one little small section of it. The kick in the chest is that it was designed that way, so I was begging for a change to a system in place for a reason I couldn't even see yet.

That's fine, we're looking forward to getting as much feedback as possible. Then it's our job to sort this out and see what we can/want implement based on all the suggestions we have. This is why we're doing Early Access, we want to make a better game with the community!

I don't envy that task, but I understand the value of the data. I just don't care much for the idea that you folks have to sift through a pile of feedback comprised of suggestions to alter systems that function as they do for reasons most players don't even somewhat understand. It's insulting to me that the work being done isn't acknowledged to the degree it deserves and, while I do make my living as a visual artist, I'm not even one of the people that helped create it.