Guest André Filipe

First fast travel after update = CRASH (Xbox One)

Guest André Filipe

I have two major complaints regarding We Happy Few (my version is Deluxe btw, I don't know if it matters but still...).

1. A lot of residences in Eel Pie Holm are rendered without walls. I can see through all of them, but when I get close, there is the invisible wall.

2. Apart from excessive loading, some of them suddenly show up in the middle of struggles. There was a time in Maidenholm where I was running away from the angry people and BAM! Loading screen. And for my surprise, it didn't prevent NPCs to attack me. When the loading finished, I was almost dead (my "healthbar" was a skull).

3. I'm not sure if this one is actually a bug but here it goes. I have advanced to the second checkpoint from the Mysterious Chest mission. However after the "day or two" required by the quest to advance, when I get to the chest it requires to be lockpicked again, and once opened it releases a swarm of bees, resetting the mission. It has happened more than three times.

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Guest André Filipe said:

I have two major complaints regarding We Happy Few (my version is Deluxe btw, I don't know if it matters but still...).

1. A lot of residences in Eel Pie Holm are rendered without walls. I can see through all of them, but when I get close, there is the invisible wall.

2. Apart from excessive loading, some of them suddenly show up in the middle of struggles. There was a time in Maidenholm where I was running away from the angry people and BAM! Loading screen. And for my surprise, it didn't prevent NPCs to attack me. When the loading finished, I was almost dead (my "healthbar" was a skull).

3. I'm not sure if this one is actually a bug but here it goes. I have advanced to the second checkpoint from the Mysterious Chest mission. However after the "day or two" required by the quest to advance, when I get to the chest it requires to be lockpicked again, and once opened it releases a swarm of bees, resetting the mission. It has happened more than three times.

Thanks in advance.

Which platform are you on and which version are you running?

Guest André Filipe
12 hours ago, tec said:

Which platform are you on and which version are you running?

Xbox One, We Happy Few Deluxe Build v1.1.69578.

Guest André Filipe

Just adding a new (but probably an already known) one. Mission bullets never disappear from map even when concluded. Only when I boot the game.

Guest André Filipe

So I'm home after a long day at work and for my surprise, an update available for We Happy Few. I let the console download the whole thing and install the update before playing the game.

I played for about ten minutes just to check if my complaints from my previous (and unanswered) topic have been fixed. They have not! Also, when I tried fo fast travel from St.George to Lud's Holm... CRASH! I had to reboot my Xbox in order to get it working again. And the list only gets bigger and bigger.

Below is my current version by the way.

Whats_App_Image_2018_08_28_at_22_49_29.j

Hello André Filipe, thank you for your patience.
Really appreciate the screenshot. I see you're playing on XB1 build 1.3.7.
I have merged both of your threads into one.

I have read your reports above and I want you to know that as we speak the team at Compulsion Games is working on an upcoming patch (1.4) to help make the game run smoother. We're focusing on major issues such as framerate and crashes so any information you can give us would be most helpful.

As for the crash you experienced, did you console warn you of any overheating? Was the audio cut off or did it sort of repeat noise until you restarted?
If you can't remember the details that's fine.

Thank you for using the forums.
-Laura

Guest André Filipe

Hi, thanks for the input.

No, there wasn't any overheat or overheat warning. In fact, I do have an intercooler attached to my Xbox which is not even activated when I experience the error (which means there is not overheat). Also, the game crashes even when I'm play for less than ten minutes so I'm not sure if this one is related to overheating.

I've recorded and uploaded a video with the exact moment when it crashes. In the video, it happens when I try to leave the shelter but it also happens in the middle of any fast travel. I'm sad to say I'm sidelining the game for now since it's unplayable (really, it is). I've tried to sleep for an hour just, trade items with the Pneumo, roam around just to see if the game behavior changes but it doesn't. I can't fast travel and I can't leave the shelter to make my way by foot. I'm stuck inside of it. This is the worst kind of bug... the game ending bug. And for such an expensive game here in Brazil (R$150) it makes even sadder.

Crash when leaving the shelter

Guest André Filipe

Is there any forecast regarding when these bugs will (ever) be fixed?

I haven't played the game since my latest post and I don't intend to do so (avoiding getting angry).

21 minutes ago, Guest André Filipe said:

Is there any forecast regarding when these bugs will (ever) be fixed?

I haven't played the game since my latest post and I don't intend to do so (avoiding getting angry).

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues and we appreciate your patience while we work on the next patch.

In regards to the crashes you're experiencing when fast travelling, this is very likely due to memory running out on the console.

Because the game is quite large, and world generation can drastically change memory usage, some users are encountering crashes from low memory on the regular base Xbox One and PS4 consoles.

In Patch 1.3 we added a failsafe to prevent the game from saving while free memory is too low (as this was causing save corruption on PS4) and we addressed some of the more common crashes in the game, however it does not solve the problem fully.

With Patch 1.4 (upcoming), we are addressing major gameplay issues as well as various other crashes that can occur. This should improve build stability and includes a large number of bug fixes. We're aiming to release this patch later this week, however we don't have an exact date just yet.

With Patch 1.5, we will be focusing on optimizing memory for the base consoles to try and fix these low memory crashes fully. This is the patch that will very likely address the issues you've been experiencing.

I wish we could give you a more detailed timeline, but that's where we're at currently. Please know that we're working to address these issues as quickly as possible so everyone can enjoy the game to it's fullest and we apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.

Cheers,

Lee

• Thanks 1