Sign in to follow this  
tec

Xbox One: Doll quest bug?

So I have rescued the doll from the Dollhouse and have gone back to the HQ in the treehouse. How do I give the doll to the guy? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? The doll is in my inventory and I cant see an option to progress/finish the quest.

More info. I used the trap tool on the doll, and the doll fell to the floor. I then picked it up. When I pointed back at the place where the doll was it was still prompting me to use the trap tool. Maybe it hasn't registered that I have freed the doll?

This bug is also on PC. I have tried equipping the doll and it's not an equipable item. I've tried restarting the game as well and there is no option to give the guy the doll.

I just went up to the guy and held Y to give him the doll. Also worth mentioning the doll was actually not even in the chair where it clearly was supposed to be but actually on the floor infront of it when I got there making the quest a lot easier.

anubis316, did you have the doll equipped in a slot, like you would a branch or shovel?

Hi there!

Yes sorry guys, there is a bug where the doll cannot be given. I think saving and loading a game, and talking to the Treehouse guy again, you should be able to gift him the doll afterwards. There is a bug that if you saved and loaded your game during the quest, this bug can happen. You do not have to equip it, the prompt should just show up when you look at the NPC if you have the doll in your inventory.

It will be fixed in the next update.

I tried again last night and I can't give it to him. I can't equip the doll, the option doesn't show up to give it to him no matter what I do. When teh next update arrives I assume I will be able to use my current save? If so I will go back and try again.

Ok so I had left the doll on the floor in my safehouse. I went back there tonight and picked it up and the quest registered that I had the doll. I then went to the treehouse, pressed X to talk to the man and then I got the option to give it to him. I could then continue the quest as normal and finish it.

Just chiming in but I had no problem with this quest. I thought it was bugged at first because I went to the doll house and couldn't find the doll initially but I was just looking in the wrong places. I guess there must be some variables that prevent the "Y" prompt (Xbox One) from coming up.