Guest Mark

Upgrading work bench overheats Xbox x

Guest Mark

Hi 

Every time I try to upgrade the work bench my x overheats and turns off going into safe mode. Tried the display in 1080 and still the problem persists. Is this a know problem and has anyone else had this issue?

Guest Ryan

I have this same exact issue. No matter what workbench I try to upgrade my Xbox crashes and shuts down.

Guest Firefly

Just had the exact same issue. My xbox x is fine in other games.

Hello everyone,
Thank you for posting this issue on our forums. The first time this issue was brought to our attention was on August 12th.
https://forums.compulsiongames.com/topic/6615-upgrade-workbench-bug/
The team is looking into this issue along with all the other major issues that have been posted on the forums and you should all see less crashes appear on the XB1 once the latest patch takes effect. Any information you can spare would be greatly appreciated to help us narrow this specific issue down. Could you tell us which build number were you playing on at the time? You can find the number on the bottom right corner of your screen when you're in the pause menu or on the main menu.

Thank you very much.

Guest Ryan
4 hours ago, Lawrah said:

Hello everyone,
Thank you for posting this issue on our forums. The first time this issue was brought to our attention was on August 12th.
https://forums.compulsiongames.com/topic/6615-upgrade-workbench-bug/
The team is looking into this issue along with all the other major issues that have been posted on the forums and you should all see less crashes appear on the XB1 once the latest patch takes effect. Any information you can spare would be greatly appreciated to help us narrow this specific issue down. Could you tell us which build number were you playing on at the time? You can find the number on the bottom right corner of your screen when you're in the pause menu or on the main menu.

Thank you very much.

Build number for mine is v1.1.69578

Basically when the workbench is almost done upgrading my Xbox one x would shut off. Then when I turn it back on there was a thermal system error. Felt the Xbox and it didn't feel hot at all and fans were working normally. After the 3rd time I stopped trying to upgrade any workbenches.  WHF runs fine for hours at a time otherwise for me.

I also tried playing a couple other games just to make sure my console wasn't actually overheating and all my other games ran fine.

Guest Ryan

After installing the update today I tried upgrading a workbench and the same issue happened.  Build v1.3.70173

27 minutes ago, Guest Ryan said:

After installing the update today I tried upgrading a workbench and the same issue happened.  Build v1.3.70173

Hello Ryan, I really appreciate you taking the time to post this update to the forum.
I'm surprised to learn that the issue is still occurring. I'm going to try to get to the bottom of this and find out if the dev team included this fix in the current patch or if they plan to include it in the next one. Would you be so kind as to give me a little more information about your platform? I see that you play on Xbox. Are you using an XB1, XB1 S or XB1 X?

Have a nice day.
-Laura

Guest Ryan
18 hours ago, Lawrah said:

Hello Ryan, I really appreciate you taking the time to post this update to the forum.
I'm surprised to learn that the issue is still occurring. I'm going to try to get to the bottom of this and find out if the dev team included this fix in the current patch or if they plan to include it in the next one. Would you be so kind as to give me a little more information about your platform? I see that you play on Xbox. Are you using an XB1, XB1 S or XB1 X?

Have a nice day.
-Laura

XB1 X platform.

I had skimmed through the patch notes and didn't notice anything regarding this issue but I may have overlooked.

Guest Mark

There is also an issue with the quest public works, when I enter the building to repair the parts my X shuts down. The poisonous mist effects in this game are killing my Xbox faster than Arthur!! Lucky I still have my old Xbox 1 and can play past these problems.

Build 1.3.70173