Sign in to follow this  

Just going to write some general suggestions and summaries of things I really liked/didn't like so far in my playthrough.

Day/Night Cycle:

+ I am a HUGE fan of having dynamic events that occur either only during the day or only during night-time. It provides two distinctly different atmospheres within which you can play the game, and I think it definitely enhances the immersion of it all in the long run. Definitely a plus in my book.

- I think that the Day/Night Cycle could absolutely be a bit longer, or at least more under the player's control. I find that there's not really enough time to fully commit to quests during the day or night without the time-frame changing halfway through the quest I'm trying to accomplish. The general pacing of the cycle feels rushed and it feels like I'm constantly in a hurry to get stuff done, or to explore. I'm not a huge fan of it. I understand that the passage of time needs to be paced relatively well, but I also feel like I should have time enough to accomplish what I'm setting out to accomplish.

Food/Water/Sleep:

+ Overall, always a positive mechanic that helps keep the player in a more 'survival' type of mood. I think that the cost of stamina regeneration versus conformity decreasing negatives is a good, strong gameplay mechanic that keeps the player honest and helps them balance their actions throughout the course of the day.

- Again, almost all of these mechanics make me feel rushed while I'm playing. I feel as though I'm constantly scarfing down food to keep up with the day/night cycle, and that exhaustion cuts my actual ability to explore and discover the area that's available to me to a startlingly short time frame. Some gentle tweaks in making this a bit more forgiving, or some form of 'difficulty level' or slider that I can use to adjust this, along with the day/night cycle, would be preferable.

Inventory System:

+ Keeping the player moving back and forth between the safe area is a fantastic idea, because it forces them to go out and explore in batches.

- I quickly find, however, that because of the amount of food I scarf down in a day, most of my inventory is filled with food and water items. Otherwise, I don't particularly see a huge problem with this. It means I have to actually think about what I'm doing and manage my plans for the day accordingly.

Map Markers and Quest System:

+ Relatively clean - good, concise legend and very easy to follow.

- Alright. I have a bunch of problems with this, believe it or not, and I think that most of them are because the map isn't /quite/ working as intended. I have a number of map markers that stay beyond their usefulness and a lot of map markers that are just... in the wrong spot. It seems to vary /slightly/ with the game that I'm playing, but in general they just... aren't... correct.

- Further, I would like the ability to toggle and track quests so that I can narrow my focus down to one particular quest at a time so that I'm not constantly having to try and hunt down the quest that I'm looking for, and I can just kind of follow it on the compass hud at the top of the screen.

- Also, I'm not sure if this is intended, but I'm a big fan of having every quest have a map marker. While I understand this may break the immersion for some, I feel like an option could be added to toggle map markers off at least until you've uncovered the part of the map that you're looking for. Unless each quest is very clear and deliberate in what you're looking for, however, a map marker for at least the general region you should be looking in is incredibly helpful. Especially if you are trying to use a limited resource in order to locate your quest objective. [Looking at you Johnny Bolton and your Mystery House]

Other than that, there are some bugs that I found with quests, including some script misfires and a couple of broken NPCs, but I'll post something in the bug reports forum.

Overall? I love what I've played so far and I absolutely look forward to the final version of the game. I'll make certain to recommend it to my friends. Keep up the amazing work guys!

what the hell did i just play.

overall i like the design.

I like the atmosphere.

I appreciate the people that worked on this game.

But..... what the hell man.

i don't understand how a developer can sleep at night knowing that they released an embarrassment of a game like this.

i get it man its pre alpha, but releasing a game like this that is so unfinished is doing more harm then good.

i am doing everything in my power to not use foul language, but dam man dam..................................

whoever worked on this game do not mention this work of garbage on your resume plz..... or else you'll never find work again.

Like to start off by saying great concept and generally good game i could definitely see issyself playing quite a bit when full version is realesed...

There are definitely some things that you might consider though.

1. There are items such as the torch wherein the "item description" it says the powercell can be removed.

Putting an item/crafting/deconstucting tutorial in the game would be quite helpful so that we knew how to remove the powercell from said torch or deconstruct other items... because I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the powercell that is supposed to be removable.

Also I would have to say that I agree with black vanguard about day/night cycle being to quick.

I feel like I can explore for maybe 10 min before I'm running to find a bed because my character Is exhausted.

The sleep/thirst/hunger meters seem to deplete a little faster than they should or maybe add different difficulties to counter this effect.

Also might be good to add like a mode where thirst/hunger can be toggled for ppl who would like to get a feel for the game before attempting full on survival mode...oh and a bigger stash box cuz seriously its way to small, and trying to manage between inventory and stash leaves you having to drop important crafting supplies or find places to stash all the food you need cuz your constantly having to eat and drink way too much

All in all its a good game that just needs some work and some better features/tutorials/options to make gameplay easier/harder/more customizable with better management of thirst/hunger/sleep meters and day/night cycles.

I just hope the devs actually listen cuz this game has the potential to be an amazing game

I agree 100 percent with Dwild.

I was frustrated with the game at first but turned off the permadeath feature of the game and i got see the full potential this game can have.

I just get really upset when a dev releases a game this unfinished. Especially when it has so much potential to be a amazing game

like i said the design is beautiful, the atmosphere is scary/creepy in a good way.

It's just the game play that needs work such as:

Custom way points

slower depletion of thirst/hunger/sleep or like Dwild said and option to modify it EX like difficulty settings.

You say you know its alpha, but then say its too unfinished. They are the same thing. This isn't even the proper full game. The full game may well be amazing.

to @TEC

what i want the Devs to do, is to prove me wrong.

i want this to be an amazing game.

like i said i was frustrated when i said some things.

but i will not delet my post until they prove me wrong and fix this game.

i don't understand how a developer can sleep at night knowing that they released an embarrassment of a game like this.

I sleep at night because I'm exhausted after working a 14 hour day to push fixes. I sleep at night because there are people out there capable of providing feedback beyond "your game sux and is garbage" and I'd rather cater to those people. I sleep at night because this is Early Access and I need to be rested to complete all the work to be done before we can actually call it finished. I sleep at night because I don't feel that someone calling himself "@wehappyfewsux" in my own community forums is worth losing sleep over.

Just so we're clear wehappyfewsux I was giving the game praise while throwing in some suggestions...I understand that this game is alpha and not representitive of its final build...you however just went on a rant about how the game sucks and how dare the devs realease this much

Of an unfinished game without thinking about the fact that they released a very unfinished game with the thought in mind of using the community to play and test the game to get suggestions and feedback to build a better game...I for one see an already great concept with the potential to be an amazing game when finished

And to ask the devs to prove you wrong while the game is still in alpha is just ridiculous and an absolutely unrealistic request...think before you speak man...otherwise you just sound like an idiot who rants about but knows nothing about game development.

To the devs, please continue doing what your doing and i hope any suggestions i can give you might be helpful and I can't wait to see the finished build :)

First of all I'm having a blast playing this game. Easiest $30 I've dropped on a game after only a 45-minute demo!

Here are some notes I jotted down on paper whilst playing:

- Day/night cycle could maybe be a bit longer, even a simple 3-5 minute stretch to both the day and night would buy the player a lot more time and opportunity to accomplish goals.

- Hunger and Thirst shouldn't start to deplete within ~30 seconds of completely filling them to 100%. Thirst, for example, drops by almost 1/4 to about 75% only moments after I fill it to 100% and walk maybe half a block. I know this is directly related to the day/night cycle clock, so maybe this will get ironed out.

- Arthur and NPCs seem a wee bit too chatty. I find Arthur talks to himself a little too often and NPCs will start talking to you if you get so much as ten feet near them. :P (On a side note, I love the fact that random NPCs will follow you and keep begging you, please keep that! I ended up throwing a bottle at one of them and he turned tail right away hahaha)

- The item select screen. Perhaps there could be an Auto-Sort option, or even color code some items, as often I will need to quickly look at the inventory and so many of the icons look alike, and I get confused.)

That's all I got right now.

Once again I'm loving the game, can't wait to see what's in store.

Biggest thing I can think of is when you do/finish something on the map it vanishes or shows completed. You guys could just remove the quest tracking all together but that might be too much of a request.

Anyone else having trouble distinguishing between the colors in the inventory? I often find it hard to find my inventory cursor, being that its white, on a light blue and white background. People need to understand that its a completely unfinished game, it states so when you purchase it. So keep up the good work dev team, the game looks beautiful and im looking forward to your updates! :)

Absolutely camdensus,

I am constantly losing track of my inventory cursor. which I was just thinking if the developers increased/decreased the contrast of the item/ cursor and/or made it flash, it would most likely fix the issue

Now I know this discussion says suggestions but since I've already posted here I'd like to mention a bug I found where I dug up a chest and couldn't interact with it afterwards.

And also when I found the big chest in the rd that has tons of wastrels walking around it I picked the lock and could no longer interact with or open it...

Aside from resolving the issues with the very buggy and glitched quests (ms stokes, the doll, etc.) where you have to restart because you can't complete the objective for whatever reason, maybe the game didn't recognize it or you left the area and it glitched or something, I would like additional save slots in order to avoid having to completely restart due to a glitched quest line.

Defining agree with the people who said the day/night cycle needs to slow down a bit, or have some kind of sliding difficulty scale so I can decide how rushed I want to feel or if I just want to explore and actually have time to complete something.

Overall I am still quite enjoying it and look forward to when the story is released as well as bug fixes.

The few things I found annoying :

=> the fact that you have to feed your character so many times. It's like every 5 minutes, Arthur is thirsty, arthur is hungry... alright, the survival side is really cool but please, let us breathe a bit^^

=> Days are too small, this day/night cycle can be better than that ;)

After 7 hours in the game, they're the only things I really found boring.

==> This one is almost personal but... I can't equip weapons :/ is there anybody else who has this issue ? (in my equipment, it is said "none" even if a weapon is equiped...)

My largest issue with the game is not being able to find quests you have unlocked. They are not marked on the map in such a way that you can find areas you've been to previously. I would love if you could solo a sidequest or main mission to find the map marker. Some missions are meant to be mysterious like the fetish rubber area that only unlocks between 11 and 7, but better geographical markers on the map and quest system would alleviate so much wasted running around. That is always a problem in large open world games and this one in particular compounds that issue by not making it clear where to go.

I certainly agree that for quests, main or side their should be a way to mark waypoints or highlight individual quests given the fact that not all quests are even marked at all on the map...I usually look at the map once I receive a quest and make a mental note of where I received the quest but when you have multiple quests it I easy to forget which goes to where

I also find it odd that the only comment made by a compulsion team rep was to defend against a comment made by someone who cleary made a preemptive comment due to not having played the game enough...however their are ppl in this discussion with positive and constuctive comments that I could be of more use than to waste time commenting on how one sleeps at night...so maybe instead of humouring a negative comment you could maybe have a constructive conversation with ppl who are trying to give there best ideas to help, since that is what I percieved was the point of these discussions

so maybe instead of humouring a negative comment you could maybe have a constructive conversation with ppl who are trying to give there best ideas to help

We're listening. There is so much activity that it can be hard to respond to everything, especially given the amount of repetition there is. Unfortunately, when there are 10 new posts all saying the needs go too fast or other common issues, it's quite hard to distinguish wheat from chaff. As a result, we might not take the time to reply to every post and individual point (if I did, I wouldn't have time to work on the actual game!) and I apologize for that.

But we're still listening. As a matter of fact, you'll find that essentially everything mentioned on this page has been collated on our feedback tracking board. It's 22:00 over here and I'm testing and wrapping up the quest tracking and compass indicator so it's ready by next Friday.

How diverse will the NPCs be? I know it's in an alternate timeline but will we see skin variations among the NPCs?

Thank you for the comment camille, and I certainly understand that if the dev team spent its time replying to comments you'd never finish the game...lol...I was just trying to say that humouring the negative ppl with your time is unnecessary...you guys have a great game you're working on and have no need to defend it against a bunch of haters that play for 20 min and say it sucks. Keep up the good work :)