Sign in to follow this  
JDMFK

Fell Into River/Ravine and Can't Get Out

I was walking around the garden area having just made it out of my safehouse area. I incapacitated the runner and picked up his body to throw it in what I thought was a river by the bridge you take to go to Holm's. However, I got too close to the "river" and happened to fall in with the runner's body. I expected to die, but it appeared to just be a ravine.

I ran around in the ravine looking for a less steep incline so that I could get out and continue, but I eventually just found a vast expanse of open area and the sounds changed to what seemed like waves lapping up on the shore of a beach, but no water was found. Is this a bug, or did I just not follow the walls around to find a set of stairs or a less steep hill?

Sounds like a generation bug, coupled with something that makes the water not register properly. You won't find any steps down to the water, as far as I'm aware of. :o

Hey @JDMFK

You should have died falling in the water. If you're truly stuck (ie - quitting and continuing doesn't solve it) you can launch the game by passing -console as a parameter to it (using the GOG / DRM free version) or adding it to your steam options on steam (Properties/general/Launch Options).

You can then open the console with ` (on US Keyboards that's the ~ key next to 1) and try killing yourself with the command "suicide".

Let me know if that fixes the issue. We'll look into why the player might not get killed by falling into the water.

-G.

@Guillaume

I should have specified, I'm on Xbox, so I won't be able to use console commands. I used the "Xbox record that" functionality, but I did it after I had fallen in. The subsequent video is listed here. I do remember falling "behind" the leg of the bridge between the hill and the wall, when I hit the water. I'm wondering if this affected how the water was to appear and didn't work? I wasn't far in the game at all, so I don't mind beginning again.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

Hey @JDMFK -

"Guess it's just you and the bobbies indeed" :). Thanks for being patient. We're going to look at whether we can reproduce this and prioritize a fix for it on Xbox.

Guillaume.