Sign in to follow this  
SgtWilson

Forced Saves & Diaspearing Items

I assume it is a game design decision to prevent you from exiting the game with a save? For example I had a the mission to find the ephemeral linen, along with the one Joy given to me I had two others.

I quickly went through all three looking for the house, either the drug wore off / the night expired super fast. But I have no way to load my previously saved game, to continue the search in a new location.

Eventually the game crashed and now I'm left with no joy to complete the mission. I also noticed items were missing after resuming a previously saved game even when it didn’t crash.

Did you write a Report When it crashed? I would Suggest this; Instead of trying to play the game like it would have been released in Full function; i would play it to find every error you can. Help them out! :D

There is an automated process for reporting CTD's, I provided them with details on two occasions,once I was able to narrow down the problem. The rest may or may not be bugs depending on the design decisions, hence my questions here.

I would suggest you don't reply to post, just for the sake of doing so.

Ran into the same issue with the ephemeral linen mission, but I ended up burning through considerably more drugs searching before I ran out. Don't feel bad. It could be anything or not even functioning at this point.

Anyhow; post was about save game files and I wanted to ask what you knew about how they're stored in this instance. Haven't had a chance to go digging for a buried savegame file yet, but if it's not even something I'd be able to recognize, best to find out before I try.

Ran into the same issue with the ephemeral linen mission, but I ended up burning through considerably more drugs searching before I ran out.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I might have to restart the game, I have a few quests that appear to have reached a dead end.

I wanted to ask what you knew about how they're stored in this instance

Looks like they are stored here:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\GlimpseGame\Saved\SaveGames

Replace the <> with your windows user name, you will also have to make sure hidden files are set to visible via windows folder options.

Can't say I agree with current save options, seems like the you don't really have any. But being able to go back and quickly retrace your steps, certainly makes tracking down bugs easier.

"Can't say I agree with current save options, seems like the you don't really have any. But being able to go back and quickly retrace your steps, certainly makes tracking down bugs easier."

My only motive for wanting it. I appreciate you finding it. Thank you.

And I'm pretty sure it's saving as it is so that folks don't blast through the content as quickly as possible and not touch it again until it's updated. Greater probability that a player will want to see a bug run down if it's forced them to restart their game a few times from scratch. Devs need the bugs squashed. If that was all everyone cared about, I doubt you'd have had to go digging to find that save file.

Anyhow, again, thank you.

I appreciate you finding it. Thank you.

No worries

If that was all everyone cared about, I doubt you'd have had to go digging to find that save file.

The thing that always concerns me is, whether or not I have run into a dead end. Take the quest we mentioned above, I need more Joy to complete it, but I have have a nagging feeling I've found all there is. Then assuming I have failed that quest, does it mean I'm denied an item I will need to progress further?

A lot depends on how robust we perceive the game design to be.

It had occurred to me when I was trying to find said invisible room that A: even after 9 Joy pills over two day/night cycles, often stacked with what looked like an adderall kicker, I hadn't found anything that even somewhat related to what I was looking for. I'd thought it had to be something overlooked. And I can't confirm it completely yet, but I'm almost positive that there is no such thing as "all there is". I think containers repopulate over time.

Sitting here now, I can't help but to consider that we're dealing with devs bright enough to hide the fundamental reality of the game itself from an entire community of bug hunting gamers actively going through it with fine tooth combs.

Devs reward and punish consistently. These devs reward best for tact, stealth, hiding in plain sight and intelligence.

Doesn't fit that finding it would require you to burn resources like that. No way.

I don't think we hit a wall. I think the door is right in front of our face.

Take the quest we mentioned above, I need more Joy to complete it, but I have have a nagging feeling I've found all there is. Then assuming I have failed that quest, does it mean I'm denied an item I will need to progress further?

Have you crossed one of the bridges yet? Joy is more plentiful on the other side. This is Wellington Wells--Joy is an unlimited resource here ;)

It turns out the quest as described by the guy in the tree house, is completely misleading in multiple ways. I wonder how much total time was spent on that wild goose chase :)