Guest GrfxGawd

Ollie can't change clothes... game breaking.

Guest GrfxGawd

Ollie can't change clothes on the Xbox One, any chest item equipped get stuck permanently in the inventory and can't be swapped once equipped. Unless I find some type of fix, this is game-breaking. Sorry I can't post the screenshot, but it's been made almost impossible to share that here since it must be live viewable on the web as an accepted image file, instead of being able to link to it directly from OneDrive as the Xbox uses by default, and I don't have my own web server to just upload random images to.

Hi GrfxGawd,

Sorry you're having this issue. I would like to understand the issue correctly so from what I can understand:

If you place an item of clothing in the Pneumo Container and then take it back out, once that item is equipped it cannot be un-equipped?

Is that correct?

-Mike

Only something new, previously never equipped can be equipped. Once it's equipped its permastuck in Ollie's inventory and can't be dropped or re-equipped. Any item ever placed in the chest slot is affected and all show a green checkmark next to them. (Chest only, not head, weapon or feet.) New screenshot showing only Outfits to better illustrate the problem.

8-23-2018_12-41-13_PM.png

PS. The title was intended to read, "Potentially Game Breaking" because his inventory hasn't filled so full with clothes he can no longer move yet, and it hasn't pushed me into a quest that isn't completable because of the clothing - so far. I just have to kill everyone that agros, meaning effectively everyone. It has cramped my playthrough and slowed me down a lot.

Hi GrfxGawd,

Nope, you are perfectly right to be frustrated by this. It is absolutely not how it is supposed to work. You are however the first one to report this issue in our database. So from what I can tell it is a rare bug. That however must be little solace for your current gaming experience. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do for console users other than log the problem so that the team can fix it in a future patch.

I hope that you've liked our game so far, since you have played all the way to Ollie.

Thank you for getting me all the info so we can make sure this doesn't happen to others.

Regards,

-Mike

It seems someone has a great fear of Ollie being naked (I personally don't want to see to an ageing fat and bearded Scotsman naked). This message is presented any time you try to change an outfit. "Can't unequip: Ollie can't be naked" Meaning I am going to have to find the materials to craft a third Padded Suit as I have to go Load The Bee Cannon. Neither Arthur nor Sally had any qualms about "being naked" when trying to change outfits. That will permanently add another 5lbs to his inventory and make the two boiler suits useless dead permaweigth, and another boiler suit will have to be crafted when I return. That will be 4 more lbs. I hope I can complete the game before he can no longer move due to his inventory being filled with "clothing".

8-23-2018_1-31-28_PM.png

• Haha 2

Actually thank you for that bit of information. You are correct, both Sally and Arthur have no issues with being naked, but Ollie does by design. This is likely the source of the issue and will help the team hunt down the source of the problem. So thank you for that.

Again I apologize that you are having this issue. 

-Mike

Edited by TheStinger
Spelling atrocities
  • Thanks 1

I used to teach as an adjunct instructor, I also wrote tutorials and instructional articles (freelance writing and corporate training). Specificity is terribly important. Most people have no idea how hard it is to tell someone how to do something they haven't done previously. As a designer who created the interfaces people used to interact with the code the programmers laboriously created, I spent a lot of time and effort trying to communicate effectively. I hope these many words help a little for a potential problem others might encounter. Thank you, Mike.

• Thanks 1

Don't know that it'll help, I feel pretty sure it glitched when I accidentally crafted a second padded suit, meant to craft a boiler suit but screwed up. It didn't stop me from completing the game, it did stop me from the Thomisinas House quest with Ollie, he couldn't change into a boiler suit, even though that was what was equipped. The two padded suits, as well as the two quest outfits, were all marked with green checks as if they were equipped. I found a Proper Suit (the type Arthur starts with) and could freely change between it and the boiler suit but the quest never progressed when it asks you to change into the boiler suit, so I just headed towards the end of the game. Only missed one accomplishment in a single playthrough. Thanks for an interesting story, I didn't care for the bugs and glitches, but I still enjoyed my experience.

• Thanks 1

This same bug happened to me. I'm on PC. I accidentally crafted two padded suits. I was able to unequip it just to sell one of them. Then I reequiped my padded suit. After that, no matter what outfit I selected, the padded suit was also selected. The correct outfit appeared in the clothing slot but Olie's hands showed the padded suit. Strangely, I did get proper suit benefits (people didn't attack me when walking around in the Village) but I could never wear the boiler suit. A big bummer since i broke into a ton of houses just to get enough course linen to craft the boiler suit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, redhead314 said:

This same bug happened to me. I'm on PC. I accidentally crafted two padded suits. I was able to unequip it just to sell one of them. Then I reequiped my padded suit. After that, no matter what outfit I selected, the padded suit was also selected. The correct outfit appeared in the clothing slot but Olie's hands showed the padded suit. Strangely, I did get proper suit benefits (people didn't attack me when walking around in the Village) but I could never wear the boiler suit. A big bummer since i broke into a ton of houses just to get enough course linen to craft the boiler suit.

Hi there,

This issue is being addressed in the next patch, v1.5.

We're planning to release this in the next 2 weeks, however we don't have an exact date just yet.

Cheers,

Lee