Sign in to follow this  
RainbowCheezburger

Game won't launch.

When I try to launch it from Steam nothing happens. When I try to launch the game from File Explorer it say's I'm missing api-ms-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll. It says I have to reinstall the program, please help thank you.

• Like 1

Try verifying your Steam cache for the game. If a file somehow got missed in the download that should catch it and hopefully fix the issue. If that doesn't work then I'm not really sure, would have to leave that to the team.

Exact same issue, even submitted a thread about it. Tried @Iris_Lockspur's idea with verifying the steam cache however it detected nothing wrong and the error remains.

Hey @chzaar and @rainbowCheezburger - sorry for the delay in replies - and thanks for your patience - we're getting a lot of traffic today. '

Missing api-ms-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll tells me you are on Windows 7 or Windows 8. You need the universal C Runtime for Windows to run the game. It should normally get installed alongside the game, but it may fail if you're missing certain windows updates.

Try making sure to install KB2999226 first - you can find here (make sure you install the X64 version for your operating system -- We Happy Few does not support 32bit operating systems):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/2999226

And then try installing the VC Runtime for 2015 here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If you are still having trouble launching the game with both of these updates or are running Windows 10, please reply to this thread and I will investigate further,

Guillaume

hey, I'm also having difficulties.

My game just won't launch

I run it through steam and it is 'running' for a split second.

I have tried to download and install the file on both links but neither of them work. the kb29###### fails, and the latter link says it's already installed on my system