Sign in to follow this  
anubis316

gameplay on your Joy

in the very beggening we get the choise to take or not take our joy. I was very interested in seeing the game while on my joy. So I was very upset when I took my joy and the game went to the credits. We should have an actual choice here. I can only assume this is just not ready yet, but I am making sure to voice my feedback. Even if it is only an hour of gameplay before I beat the game I should have time to be on my joy and there should be multiple parts where I have to make a hard choice to stay or get off the drug. It was very upsetting to find out I did not actually have a choice and that needs to be changed. And if it is too much work to let me stay on my joy at least take away my option to take it. I am OK with playing the game off my joy, I just don't want fake choices shown off misrepresenting the game

I'll second this. Unless there is an unfinished portion here, going right to credits only got a half-chuckle out of me and an audible "well that was dumb" from under my breath.

Well, taking the joy there would mean forgetting about your past and going on with your life as you did before. It would completely miss the premise of the game which is: you are a downer.

@reedo I will say to get the bulk of the game and to really enjoy it you should have to be a downer and I am ok with that. but I think it would be awesome to have a bit of an alternate story where you take your joy, head over to the pinata hit it, eat candy, etc. and perform daily rituals that visually look nice but you(the player not your character) would understand there is probably something horrible going on here. Originally I wanted there to be parts where you just know something aweful is happening and situations that would push you to really want to stop taking the joy. you know morals and all that jazz. But after playing a few hours on this game I think they could basically just keep it a survival game and it would be hard for you to stay on your joy. I want to stress my biggest problem is not that I can't just be on my joy all the time although I really wanted to try that. My biggest problem is having a false choice in the game where I really don't have an option but they try to make it seem like I do. Many games have done this yes and I would argue it was a mistake each time.

Well yes, according to an official statement by the devs, the game will be survival focused during EA, but will all the story elements will be added on full release. So while I don't think you'll get your joy party, I do think you'll get a much deeper moral aspect later on.

Hi,

The choice we implemented at the beginning to give the main character the choice to remember his past or to continue living in blissful happiness is not to be taken seriously. It is a cute Easter egg. If you decide to take your Joy then the game has no meaning, your character will not try to escape Wellington Wells and therefore the game doesn't take place.

If what you are inquiry about is Wellie mode, this is something we haven't worked on yet. It is a fun mode completely unrelated to the main campaign. We will talk about it more once we start working on it.

ok, I disagree with your "easter egg" choice but bow to your creative freedom. and the world doesn't revolve around me so I hope most other people like your choice to have a non-choice. still love the game keep up the good work