Sign in to follow this  
mrabcapone

Power cell

Does anyone have a general idea where to find a functioning power cell for the tv. So the townies can watch uncle jack. I have an empty one but can't find either a new full one or the material needed to refill an empty. Would really appreciate the help

• Like 1

Village? I've walked around and mapped out everything, and am on day 9, on a third attempt with permadeath, is there any way to get across the bridge without a power cell? I got the Bridge of Lud up and running but it seems it only lets me get to a small pit with a reward of an expanded inventory, am I missing something?

The bridge encounter with the Spankers and a Joy Detector can be passed with a Constable Keycard. If your world has an Apple Tree encounter, I'd have a look around there if I were you.

Ill give you a hit... a ghost gives you the power cell for completing a main quest and that's the cell you need to get the joy detector to work... you also have the option of using it for the cult of jack quest but I didn't do that as I feared it would somehow brick the game where I would not be able to make it to the next island

@derbyjoker - Not sure the ghost quest triggered correctly for me. I went back at night and used Joy, and Arthur said "Hey wait up, I want to talk to you" or something like that, but the ghost just stood there, and I was unable to interact with it (is alpha so I figured it wasn't working properly, I wandered off to do other stuff).

@Poxo How do you get the power cells out of the flashlight? I've got one as well from the mecanic's table, but I don't know how to remove the power cell from the flashlight.

Thanks!

@llamakoolaid You can cross the Bridge of Lud if you go down into that pit, then go to the other side of it and look for pipes to climb up.

Power Cell

Lud's Bridge Quest

After repairing the pipe and placing the valve, push forward and search the area that drops down. The power cell was hidden in locker that I had to pick lock to retrieve.

Have to look again. Didn't see a power cell. Two more questions for you guys. You guys are awesome at helping. Has anyone found the house that can only be seen with joy. And how can I dismantle a torch and use the cells for some bring else.

The Mystery House can be seen without Joy, the description is a bit misleading. Look for the big mansion on a hill. It might be on the 2nd Garden District island from where Johnny is. To get through the gates it has to be nighttime and you'll need Joy.

I saw a big mansion on the east island, didn't push any further though.

Yeah back on the bridge, I actually found three power cells that were full in lockers. Completed the quest on second island to the east, where a person is about to get jumped, if you rescue him, he will give you a full power cell as well.

@Iris_lockspur

@feliciscognito

Thanks for the tips. Just made it past the lud station. None in my lockers. I have flashlights that say can be used for lighting or have the cells removed for other things. Can't figure out how to remove them. Need a joy pill. You mean to cross the bridge I need joy? At night. Or what gates. The mansion gates?thanks again

I'm going off the landmarks. Johnny is a bit northeast. Where are you saying the mansion is. Do I have to cross the lud station? Guess I should look around huh. Just hate leaving an area that needs me to do things. But I'll keep exploring. Thanks for all the support. If ever need something. Feel free to ask

I found the house. Thanks for the hints tips etc. farming joy pill time. I used them thinking once I used it a house would appear. Duhhhhhhh

I can't tell you where it is, every time you start a new game the map is randomly generated so every world is different. You just have to explore until you find it. Save your Joy for when you do, too.

And the bridge with the Motiline pump and valve shouldn't require a power cell. But if you find the Constable Keycard you shouldn't need a power cell to get past the bridge with the Spinner/Joy Detector, just open up the door to the right.

I crossed through the lud station. Rebuilt pump and put valve in and dropped down up and over and through to the other side. Just need to explore. And too late. Used my two pills thinking I can only make house appear while under effects. Like you said the mission brief is a lil hazy

You don't have to complete his mission to get into Hamlyn. You can always go to Hamlyn and then come back once you've collected some Joy. Though do be careful. I don't think it'll be very easy to get back.

I am trapped. I was so excited to finally get into the nice part of town, but now I have burned through every joy pill I brought with me, and I cannot get back, because the gate requires a shocker, and I do not have one, nor do I have the blueprint to build one.

Also a helpful hint when you're in the town, every tap water source has Joy in it, although you're going to have to break into a house because there are no open sources outside that I am aware of. If you can get into a house (most preferred is to not be noticed haha) you can use the sink to refill the joy meter AND you can fill your containers with it. Also there's an area where there are a bunch of tables with tea pots on em', if you look for a phone booth looking object in the area, it's a 'joy booth' , gives you a free pill every time. Another thing, look for coveralls. Its a suit that blends you in AND allows you to approach and mess with the machinery without drawing suspicion.