Sign in to follow this  
Otherbuttons

Cosplay Thread! Show off your Happy Face.~

I, too, go all out for cosplay

548765_754642289200_278112191_n.jpg?oh=3b9c8f718128f7c00139f1aee8c810d9&oe=56A1BFF2

So I'm keeping a close eye on this thread.

I may just end up appropriating this mask

1928977_505534787630_1917_n.jpg?oh=c4bc8678727d57d04e9215cea6f82904&oe=56A43A75

It's already moulded to the shape of my face.

@Wilson Yay another cosplayer!

Is this how you mold a mask? (I am clueless when it comes to making masks)

Actually, no. I have no clue how to mold. That mask was made for me for something else. They actually had to make two because the first one wasn't perfect.

@Naila @Sam

Thank you so much!~ She made me smell like watermelon hairspray for days after, but super worth it.

@Wilson

Dude, that is some nice cosplay! If you cut into that mask and covered it over with something you could definitely get a nice custom Happy Face out of that.

Also, I finished my Wastrel and got to wear her to a local convention yesterday. My makeup artist friend did a brilliant job on full body bruises and scratches and blood, and honestly it added such a fantastic touch to it.

KS0kbfv.jpg

This one was from the Cosplay Masquerade, where for the re-shoots I went on with a very lovely Alice and Splicer (we thought the themes fitted together quite 'lovely').

fVOpcLa.jpg

(credit to Rob Parkin for the photos)

I scared quite a few people, as well as got quite a few interested in We Happy Few! Honestly she was one of the most fun costumes I've had to wear. I'll have some photoshoot photos where I crawled in some dirt shoeless a little later, as well as some I did back to back with my Splicer friend.

Thank you for creating such a fun character to cosplay as. ♥

CQlUkrRUkAQyWui.png

Here's the first (and only for tonight) photo from the shoot. It was Rob's tog work, but I was the editor; I tried to get it to colours similar to the Gamescom trailer.

Dressed up as a Wellie for my Halloween party. Kept yelling 'You don't belong here' and 'I'm calling the authorities!'... Nobody got it. :(

10151329_10153808020371654_2918792344955361980_n.jpg?oh=add852973d7ada12eaeac89e7f973ff8&oe=56AF7098

@Ghretto Wow the whole costume is amazing, but can we talk about that beehive for a moment?! Dayummm

My best friend Steph is a cosmetologist and when I told her to give me a crazy beehive.. .well, this is what happened! I kind of love it. :P

68AWLdp.jpg

hey guys I am trying to cosplay this at New York Comic Con. I am not a pro cosplayer by any means and I don't have a lot of money so I am trying to figure out the cheapest way to do this. I am planning on buying a police uniform and one of those bobby hats. I was thinking of a cheap white mask like some of you have done. I would be afraid of paint smearing. So any mask tips would be appreciated. Also does anyone know of any sort of little light I can stick on the front of the hat for that flashlight effect? and finally if anyone here is going to NYCC who also plans to cosplay this please let me know so we can meet up! thank you

I'm currently working on a Tracer cosplay from Overwatch, but playing We Happy Few has made me want to chunk in the Tracer cosplay and make a Wellie cosplay, I'd love to learn more about Uncle Jacks mask!

@JackMaher

If you look on page 1, we discussed quite a bit on the masks and Naila even mentioned how the live action mask was made. It's a really interesting read!~

(also unrelated, but I'm stoked you're using my fanart as an icon aaa. ♥ )

Fortunately, British police officer helmet and outfit is not exactly an impossibly way her costume to find, and white face paint is available year-round, in most cities.

Getting the make up applied to look right, however will be the issue. I am no cosmetics whiz.

I would like to humbly request someone who has done the make up project, and knows their way with the process to maybe do a little how-to.

One need only look to the old home Star Runner.com Halloween costume episodes, the fan costume episodes,, see how disastrous trying to paint your face white can end up when you don't know what you're doing.

Going to be going as a Wellie for PAX West this year. I am so excited! My friend is a professional makeup artist and he's going to do my makeup that morning. I wish it would hurry up and get here! Although I'm thinking of going with a shocker as a weapon rather than a rolling pin. Also going to have bottles of Joy for folks (sweet tarts in cute bottles) for those who recognize what I'm cosplaying! I'll post photos that day for everyone to see!

@Naila Thanks! :D

I had one woman near the "Indie Games" section of MTL Comic Con complement the costume (I'm assuming she knew what I was, considering WHF is probably one of the more famous independent games coming out this year).

I had another guy who didn't know what I was, but asked to take a photo anyway as he liked the costume :D