Guest CJW

Game gets stuck at particular spot in Sally's storyline

Guest CJW

I'm stuck in Sally's storyline. I've tried to reload from my one Sally savepoint and keep getting the same issue. As a result I'm not longer able to make any progress in the game :(

**Spoilers ahead**

While in Sally's house, the doorbell rings and the bobby is looking for blackberry and asks me to come with him to explain it to the others. After he's done talking, the main screen goes black (while I'm presumably being transported) and my vision never returns. At this point the game controls also freeze and I can't open my inventory or move around and Esc no longer opens the left menu.

Platform details:

- PC
- Build v1.3.70168
WS:c42606E141B5048CBBF16B96BDE74D67

Hi CJW,

Quick question, is this a problem that happens every time you attempt this portion of Sally's play through or was this a one off incident?

Thanks,

-Mike

Hi CJW,

So did a bit of digging and in order to diagnose what the problem is, would you be able to take a screenshot of your world map, and if you could look for the Wellington Wells Constabulary. It'll help us diagnose the issue you're having and we can find a solution.

Thanks!

-Mike

I've attached a screenshot. What I found interesting is that the Constabulary isn't yet on my map - I haven't seen it yet. I also can't leave Sally's house (back door jammed, windows barred, can't quick travel) so my only option is to open the front door to see who is knocking on the door. So I'm unable to go find the Constabulary to have it added to my discovered map.

Screenshot (1).png

Hi CJW,

So luckily, you're experiencing an extremely rare world gen bug where the Constabulary doesn't spawn. Luckily there is a fix for it.

In your steam right click on We Happy Few in your library and choose properties:
image.png.2b1959a777634a125cdad079f9c75bda.png

Then click on Set launch options:
image.png.0475af92a24d0c6503b23c2463fbbf35.png

This box should appear:
image.png.8789fc59f016e6fec6da5a681a0ca702.png

Copy paste this into the text area:

-WorldSeed=A28C25B74B8B60A3F3FE5FBCCD2A1821

Launch the game and load your save game. 

Hope this works! Let me know if you have any more issues.

-Mike

• Like 1

That doesn't seem to have had any effect - the game still freezes :( I see the new world seed when I press Esc but my map looks the same as before. I don't have the constabulary in my discovered map.

Hi CJW,

So after conferring with the programmers, I was informed that generating a new world seed will not (yet, future patch) regenerate the map with an element that didn't spawn to begin with (Constabulary). This leaves me with no other solution than to have you start Sally's play through over again. I'm very sorry that you will loose time and progress, however this is an extremely rare issue. You will have to restart the game (from the beginning) but we will be able to get you right to the start of Sally.

IMPORTANT!!!! Before doing this please back up your input.ini and save game folder as there is a slight chance they will get corrupted.

Enable the console in We Happy Few

1. Go to your Config Folder and open the Input.ini: ~\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\We Happy Few\Config\WindowsNoEditor/Input.ini

2. Add the following lines to the Input.ini file and Save:
[/script/glimpsegame.glimpseconsole]
bConsoleEnabled=True

3. Run the game and press the ~ key (Under the Esc Key for most Keyboards) to make sure it works.

4. Start a new game with Arthur.

5. When you wake up in the underground hit ~ and type the following command: loadmap sally

This should get you to the beginning of Sally's play through.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. 

Let me know if it works out,

-Mike

Guest Vanesa O

Hello! I am having the exact same issue, but on XBox One. What is the fix in my case? 

Hi Vanesa O,

Unfortunately there are no debug options for the Xbox. I'm very sorry to say that should you choose to, that you will have to restart the game with a new world seed.

-Mike

Guest Vanesa O
7 hours ago, TheStinger said:

Hi Vanesa O,

Unfortunately there are no debug options for the Xbox. I'm very sorry to say that should you choose to, that you will have to restart the game with a new world seed.

-Mike

Thanks for the reply, Mike! I am willing to restart the game. How do I do it with a new world seed? 

Hi Vanessa,

To get a new wold seed generated, all you have to do is restart the game. It will do it automatically as it loads you into a new play through.

-Mike