Otherbuttons

WHF: We Happy Fanart??

@SyAlmans

Oh! I only just saw your comment, sorry.

Thank you for picking up on that. ;-; I had to use a lot of references from in-game and in general of Blue Monarch butterflies. And channel all my 10 year old knowledge of drawing Butterfree from Pokémon.

I severely underestimated drawing butterflies lemme tell you.

Thanks! I've never seen that show before. It looks funny, definitely going to check it out. I was hoping to start recording the second episode tonight, but I am unfortunately sick and left in bed with a 101° fever ;(

CISgY2tWUAAZmfi.png

There's that social concept that some people can't function without their morning coffee. And it is the most important thing to take your joy...

the moments you don't see before Wakey Wakey hour.~

I won't lie, I'm extremely proud of that cheesy mug.

Oh! Also I was meant to make this post yesterday, but I never got around to it: links to tumblr-side fanart. Because there have been some really amazing pieces reaching tumblr but not to either twitter or the forums, and that's sad because everyone likes to see fanart. ♥

'Blending in is hard to do.' - bigmsaxon [Link]

Sideburns & Wellettes

at this point, this is literally my favourite piece of WHF fanart and my current desktop wallpaper.

'We Happy Few' - ghoulkiss [Link]

Wellettes

She started this is during a drawing session in my bedroom yesterday and I sufficiently fangirled a lot because gosh I love her art.

There's also a lot of Sideburns fanart coming from Spadekeeperwitch that includes their OC iNKWELL!~

They're all going queued up to weunhappyfew, but I know not everyone has a tumblr so I thought I'd at least link to them here.

@Otherbuttons

I love how frequently you make fan art, and how they are consistently awesome. Great work!

@Otherbuttons thank you for those - they are incredible! And the drawing of [insert character name here] is fantastic! I think you'll like him, in-game.

CIlUi5OXAAAtchh.png

I finished this last night, and just in time it seems. Congratulations Compulsion on hitting the Kickstarter! Uncle Jack brought a 'cake' which totally isn't rocks and a some weird white icing with bits in, because heck who's seen a real cake these days ay?

I jumped out of bed after 6 hours sleep just to post this up haha.

I also got hit by the inspiration stick at 4am (as the time all good ideas hit), and although the image is horrible quality here's a photo of the sketches for the three-watercolour protag postcards:

CIjsA6PWgAAIfiB.jpg

these totally weren't spurred on by the fact I found out that John Oliver looks like a more broad-faced version of Mr Sideburns nope never who's he I don't have character bias whatsoever

@Fwiller

Thank you so much!

When a game is this inspiring, I literally can't stop myself from drawing fanart. The inspiration 'I need to draw!' mind-meter goes crazy and you just have to get your ideas down. Compulsion have themselves to thank for all this art, and I have to thank them for getting me out of my art block. ;u;

@Sam

Thank you!~ ♥

I really think I will; he seems a little 'off-it' and I love that in characters.

All of this Fan Art is so awesome! I am so happy the game has hit the mark and will be able to continue becoming more amazing!

@Otherbuttons I love how many varying styles you have!

I'm currently streaming watercolour protags if anyone wants to watch: http://www.hitbox.tv/otherbuttons

I finished two of the postcards (which I'm not showing until the third is done and dusted), and I doodled this little 'Fancy Suit' sketch (along with me fangirling in the background tbf he wouldn't need a fancy suit for me to follow him around Wellington Wells):

CKFZDpKWoAQxont.png

@TheTeaWolf

It looks like your link's broke, hun. No image is showing. 8(

@Naila

Thank you, as always! ♥

I can't wait to show you and everyone else the finished postcards.

Just Mr Sideburns to go and they're finished.~

@djkid Hahaha, that's awesome. She does look fairly terrifying.

(Also, is that a Pathologic icon? If so, Ice Pick Lodge-five.)

@theTeaWolf

It's saying forbidden?

I'd suggest uploading it to img.ur and posting the link. ♥

@DJkid

I remember seeing that on tumblr! I laughed a lot at the final expression.~

Sorry to double post, but a friend of mine requested this after finding out that the playgrounds reduce suspicion.

tumblr_nrx1pbspyw1qff4e1o1_540.gif

@djkid

I am in love omg. ♥ I love how happy they are! (That playground is my favourite place.)

@theTeaWolf

There we go!~

That's really good. I love your style, and the blue fur really fits in with the 60s theme.

I'm going to be drawing some We Happy Few meets Alice in Wonderland stuff tonight on stream. ♥

It'll be in an hour over on my hitbox.

Hopefully I'll see some of you about. ♥