Coffeevin

Constant Gardeners (Quest bug)

Hello there,  as the title says my quest "constant gardeners" just got bugged. Once I finally found some neximide I went back to and gave it to Bob, but after giving it to him he thanked me said "here you go" and went back into vomiting, plus the quest in my journal now appears as failed (objective has been red crossed). Is there any way to work around this? Maybe with the ingame console?

I'm playing on PC (gog version)

Build: v1.3.70168

World seed: F7E1B61D4755F3DE438443AAC92CE76F

Game setup: Arthur, story, hard

Edited by Coffeevin

Hi Coffeevin,

There is a bug with this quest. I'll try to help you out here but with the caveat that trying to do this might break your game as well. So maybe backup your savegames as well as the Input.ini file. So here we go:

Enable the console in We Happy Few

1. Go to your Config Folder and open the Input.ini: ~\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\We Happy Few\Config\WindowsNoEditor/Input.ini

2. Add the following lines to the Input.ini file and Save:
[/script/glimpsegame.glimpseconsole]
bConsoleEnabled=True

3. Run the game and press the ~ key (Under the Esc Key for most Keyboards)

4. Open your Quest menu and activate the constant gardner quest.

5. type: CompleteObjective 

This will complete the currently tracked objective.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

-Mike

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheStinger said:

Hi Coffeevin,

There is a bug with this quest. I'll try to help you out here but with the caveat that trying to do this might break your game as well. So maybe backup your savegames as well as the Input.ini file. So here we go:

Enable the console in We Happy Few

1. Go to your Config Folder and open the Input.ini: ~\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\We Happy Few\Config\WindowsNoEditor/Input.ini

2. Add the following lines to the Input.ini file and Save:
[/script/glimpsegame.glimpseconsole]
bConsoleEnabled=True

3. Run the game and press the ~ key (Under the Esc Key for most Keyboards)

4. Open your Quest menu and activate the constant gardner quest.

5. type: CompleteObjective 

This will complete the currently tracked objective.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

-Mike

Thanks for the reply, althought there's one problem, after I gave the neximide to bob the quest changed to failed status (now appears red in journal) and I can not track it. Do you know a command for that? IDK something like "constant gardeners completeobjective" if it is even possible.

12 minutes ago, Coffeevin said:

Thanks for the reply, althought there's one problem, after I gave the neximide to bob the quest changed to failed status (now appears red in journal) and I can not track it. Do you know a command for that? IDK something like "constant gardeners completeobjective" if it is even possible.

Unfortunately there is no command that ca do that. :(
So, if it is at all possible, do you have a save game before the quest begins at all? I realize that you would loose some progress, but armed with the console command you would be able to complete the quest and continue on with your game.

-Mike

• Like 1

I believe I do. I'll give it a try, I haven't progress much since I found the quest so no problems there. Thanks a lot for the help.