Guest Tanuki

3 Different Bugs When Loading In

Guest Tanuki

I am playing We Happy Few on Xbox One. The Build is v1.1.69578 . I hope I don’t sound angry in this post! I bought the game when it first released as a game preview and I have loved it since! I have encountered many bugs, but I had never stopped me from playing. Currently, I have put the game down due to these bugs because my current play data is unplayable. I hope you guys can find a resolution to these bugs soon so I can get back to playing! Thank you guys for all your hard work!

Bug #1 - I cannot save outside. If I save outside, Arthur spawns a nearby bench. And when ever he spawns in a bench, I do not get the option for him to stand up. I can read the newspaper, but that is it. This only happens when I load a data and he starts off sitting on a bench, otherwise this does not happen during sitting while in-game. This makes the saved game useless as I am unable to move the character. I have lost hours on this game due to saving outside. This happens in every part of the map. If he spawns on a bench when I load the game, I am stuck there. (I do not have a picture of this)

Bug # 2 - (May contain spoilers) I am so stuck in The Parade. I finished Future Perfect and saved my game sometime after when I started on “A Malpractice of Doctors” quest. For some reason, Aurthur spawned in the Department of Science and Industrial Research. I am now stuck inside the the giant room where Richard Arkwright’s office is. All doors are closed. I can pull the lever to start up the machine and it begins and ends the Future Perfect quest once again (even though it was marked as completed previously), but nothing really happens. I am stuck in the room. (First Picture)

Bug # 3 - In an attempt the fix the previous problem, I had loaded a save from the most recent shelter I have visited. For some reason, it has started up Model Citizen again and my last objective says I need to “activate the track access hatch” for this quest even though the hatch has been accessed. (Second Picture)

Hi Tanuki!

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. There is a patch inbound in the coming days that will address performance and game play issues.

In the meantime, to address your Bug #1: When loading into a game and being stuck on a bench. Have you tried looking down at the bench (similar to interacting with an object) to see if a "Stand up" prompt comes up. This might resolve this issue for you until the bug is fixed.

As for your two other bugs, they have been noted and our QA department will have a look at them.

Also, if you could post the pictures that you are referencing in your post they might might be helpful to us.

Thanks!

-Mike

Guest Tanuki

I'm not sure I can figure out how to post the pictures. But I'll try again.OfficeHatch

Guest Tanuki

But thank you both for the response. Yes, the game is updated. My Xbox automatically updates my games and I just checked for updates just in case and I have the latest version. And thank you for the fix to the first bug! I appreciate the response and I will try it out! But yes, if there is a way to work around bug two or three, I would really appreciate it. 

Hi,

Bug #3 shouldn't prevent you from completing your game, but Bug #2 does.

14 hours ago, Guest Tanuki said:

Bug # 2 - (May contain spoilers) I am so stuck in The Parade. I finished Future Perfect and saved my game sometime after when I started on “A Malpractice of Doctors” quest. For some reason, Aurthur spawned in the Department of Science and Industrial Research. I am now stuck inside the the giant room where Richard Arkwright’s office is. All doors are closed. I can pull the lever to start up the machine and it begins and ends the Future Perfect quest once again (even though it was marked as completed previously), but nothing really happens. I am stuck in the room. (First Picture)

This one is a bit more difficult to pin down it seems. Our testers at Gearbox are aware of this (perhaps with more testers, we can figure it out). This is purely optional (since a workaround for this hasn't been determined), but if you would like, you can submit a ticket to Gearbox's Customer Support ( https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new ). They do a pretty good job letting us know which bugs are the most frustrating for users, and compiling reports for us.