Sign in to follow this  
Duke_of_Wellington

A question about the citizens of Wellington Wells.

So from my past observations I see that citizens of Wellington Wells wear white masks. But some also wear white face paint? I'm just curious, has it been confirmed that it's a mix of the two? Also the Bobby's of Wellington Wells have no facial animation so I'm assuming that there wearing a mask. This is all just my own speculation of course. If anyone cares to chip in or add there part be my guest.

They are all wearing a white masks, it is never paint. The mask is not very rigid, it molds perfectly to the face while pulling your mouth into a smile. You might think nobody have facial expressions but they do, they just do it while still smiling :)

IIRC, the mask of the actor playing Uncle Jack is "painted on latex". If I had to guess, in-universe the masks could be made out of a very thin material that can artificially contract and retract like muscles, in case any wellies forgets to smile. You wouldn't want someone polluting such a nice city with frowns, right?

Yeah, there's not a whole lot of context on how the masks work in game from what I've researched, but they're definitely masks. They move with the face, but they're also stiff on the floor of the garden district.

Right now I'm putting it down to in-game materials (like motoline), since other than latex (or perhaps silicone) there seems to be little way to make a mask do that, and even then they'd get destroyed within days.