Sign in to follow this  
Ronninfernum

Xbox One Game Preview

How do you get to be on the Xbox One Game Preview? Is that something you got with the Kickstarter? I'm sorry I hadn't heard of this till this morning but I am VERY interested.

Basically Game Preview is the Early Access of Xbox. You don't have to do anything special, just get the game when it launches. Right now Ark and the Long Dark is on it if you wish to take a look on your Xbox dashboard.

So it was supposed to be at the xbox preview program yesterday but it's not there? I must say i checked today at like 2 am so it's the day after technically ... was it only gonna be available during the 26th? Did I miss it then? or it hasn't been uploaded yet?

I am confused on how game previews work.. So If I purchase this game while in Game Preview.. and then full game comes out do I still have the full game or do I have to pay another prices for the full game?

@Starlet: If you purchas ethe game in Game Preview, you'll get the full game at no additional charge when it's out.

If you decide that you don't want to get Preview updates anymore you can opt out in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app. You won't be removed from the program right away; it won't happen until the current update is released to the general public. If you change your mind, you can always re-register your console later using the Xbox Preview Dashboard app.

I think there I some confusion here over the Xbox Preview Program and the WHF Game Preview.

What Karen is describing above is for the Xbox Preview program and has no relation to the WHF Game preview. It is for Xbox System Software only.

Once you buy the WHF Game Preview you will get updated, as you effectively have bought the game. Until it releases at full version 1.0 you will get preview versions regardless of whether or not you are in the Xbox preview program.

@karen as @tec has mentioned, there are two different programs.

Xbox Dash Preview - this allows you "beta" access to Xbox One operating system updates. You must be invited to take part.

Xbox Game Preview - this is a program that allows game developers to release games that are still in development (it is very much like Early Access on Steam). This is available to everyone, no invite required. It upgrades to the full game over time, as it is developed.

We Happy Few is part of the Game Preview program. This means it gets updated throughout development. As tec says, you get updates all the way through.

Yes, Microsoft's marketing deserves a jolly good thrashing for naming them so similarly.