Naila

We Happy Few 1.3 - Hotfix (Live on Beta branch)

We Happy Few 1.3 - Hotfix

Platform specific versions:

Windows: 1.3.70168

PS4: 1.3.70168

Xbox: 1.3.70173

Patch Summary

The first post-launch binary patch for We Happy Few addresses progression blockers, limited performance issues and crashes.  A larger content update will be available soon, addressing performance optimization and other issues.

This hotfix is available now on the “patchpreview” beta branch on Steam for those who want to try it early, and will be pushed out to everyone once our internal QA has signed off on it (tomorrow, if all goes well).  Pending their approval, it will be submitted to console certification early next week.

All Platforms

• Sometimes, the “Rise” prompt was not shown when your character respawns sitting on a bench. Now it will be.

• In rare cases, the keys required to complete the I Sing Body Electric and Ex Cathedra encounters would not spawn. This occurred when the player was spawned too close to the NPC when loading a saved game in a very specific situation.  This issue is resolved for all new players, and players with saves currently experiencing this issue have been given the keys to continue their progression.

• Using a bobby whistle in a crowd of Wastrels will no longer freeze the game.

• Fix crash in physics simulation.

• Fix crash on exit (crash when quitting the game).

• Fix crash in media framework (returning to the main menu very quickly after saving).

• Fix crash when applying some status effects.

• Fix memory leak in status effects. May result in minor performance improvement by reducing HUD performance impact over time.

• To help with debugging rare world generation issues, the player’s world seed has been added to the pause menu next to the build number.

• Version number increased to 1.3.

PS4 only

• We have added a guard to prevent the PS4 from saving the game while it is low on memory to prevent the system from classifying these saves as corrupted.  This issue can still occur with other crashes, but the number of corrupted saves should be substantially reduced.

• Unfortunately this issue is due to the PS4 automatically flagging “crashing while saving” as data corruption, regardless of actual corruption.  As a result, we are unable to restore “corrupted” saves. We apologise to all players who lost progression as a result.

PC only

• Changing anti-aliasing options had no noticeable effect. These options are now correctly wired into the graphics settings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Roly

Yes im excited! I absolutely love this game so im def not giving up since compulsion alrdy has a patch after a week of release so this is great news! I luckily (knock on wood) have no crashes and game breaker bugs (except random loading screens walking thru towns and crappy framerate on xbox one s) but other than its a lovely day for some whf hehe 

thanks for this update on the basic operation of the game to make it run.

but have you solved the problems in which some texts in English are not translated into another language? or that the arthur renders are not displayed in any language (not even English)? It is still very suffered for us foreign players XP ?

Edited by Mefionir-24

Thank you sooo much! - I've been waiting ,doing all the side quests and nothing left to do now.

Edited by Loolaa

Also are the quests to active and complete  track access hatch’s bug going to be addressed? If you flip the switch before you get the quest. It won’t let you complete the quest. Example:mastermind/shocking carelessness 

Tried to break the following items above and the hotfix seems to work fine. Great job Compulsion!

Some notes i've seen however since installing the patch:

• Sometimes the Wellie couples only have 1 of the two people, however, they continue the snuggling animation
  • Bobbies feet sometimes clip to their ankles when on sidewalks.  Wellies stand on benches or flower pots and Criers tend to slide around. All causing them to sometimes stick in place
  • Some of the cities procedurally generated (i think) decorative assets spawn a good 2 feet away from an actual wall (such as a hanging basket)
  • [Possible Bug] Despite clearing out Lud Holms station, I still trespass both inside and the outside surrounding area
  • In the secret garden, digging the Solanum Tuberosum yields no food.

Last Edit 2018-08-18 Build v1.3.70168

Edited by TheTeaWolf

Thank you for such a quick fix. The game has its flaws but, so far, has been a beautiful, story rich, fun experience. My husband keeps telling me "it must be good if you have the patience to sit through loading and crashing for a half an hour." And it's true. I'd rather sit through a half an hour of crashes than a half an hour without playing. Well done, Compulsion. It's reminiscent of my favorite franchise - Bioshock - with it's own flavor and personality. Beautiful addition to the genre. Thank you for caring enough to fix the issues so I can continue enjoying it. ^-^

Edited by supsteff
  • Like 1

I'm trying to complete hive mind quest and it's not letting me collect the honey. It seems to keep restarting the quest and checking off equip a padded suit even though I already had one on. I've restarted this game 4 times already due to bugs not letting me complete a quest. I love this game and it's sad this keeps happening. I'm on the Xbox one v1.1.69578

On 8/17/2018 at 10:27 PM, Naila said:

we are unable to restore “corrupted” saves

Really? I'm in Apple Holm and just experienced the now infamous save-crash. Would you really want to replay all of that?? Whats the point, seeing as nothing seems to be getting fixed :/ very sad after really supporting the game.

• Like 1

Guest Emilien

Compulsion Games, can you guys look into framerate issues for the next patch please? Im on Xbox One S and I get horrible framerate drops. I really really love the game the story the characters etc but literally i only have bug/issue with framerate. I would really really appreciate it thanks!

PS4 Build v 1.3.70168

My previous saves weren’t marked as corrupted, but the game still crashes any time I try to enter the Medical Institute in the Malpractice of Doctors quest. In addition, my journal won’t seem to load any journal entries beyond Jubilator Derby. I’m going to try starting a new game, but I am a little nervous that this won’t help.

Thanks for working towards a solution. I know a lot of people are upset and getting angry, and honestly I’m a little frustrated too, but I understand that you all are working hard on fixing the problems, and I can’t do what you all do. If it takes a while to fix, then I’ll wait patiently, because I’m absolutely loving the game!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jdv said:

PS4 Build v 1.3.70168

My previous saves weren’t marked as corrupted, but the game still crashes any time I try to enter the Medical Institute in the Malpractice of Doctors quest. In addition, my journal won’t seem to load any journal entries beyond Jubilator Derby. I’m going to try starting a new game, but I am a little nervous that this won’t help.

Thanks for working towards a solution. I know a lot of people are upset and getting angry, and honestly I’m a little frustrated too, but I understand that you all are working hard on fixing the problems, and I can’t do what you all do. If it takes a while to fix, then I’ll wait patiently, because I’m absolutely loving the game!

My saves werent marked as corrupt either, and my journal is also doing exactly the same as yours! It won't school past the jubilator entry. Luckily I'm a pedantic saver and have managed to get my save from entering the fashion house back, rather than doing the whole game again. It seems any autosave corrupts again though. As its crashed since, and won't continue from autosave?!

Guest Dj Lion

It doesn't seem like the new update did anything. The game still crashes. I can't progress The Malpractise of doctors at All. 11 days with an unplayable game, even though IT is fun has to come with some sort of compensation. 

Guest EurekaBeka

Hate how much time I spent playing the game :/ it looked good and at first played fine but as time went the bugs started to slowly get worse and worse until of course it crashed during a save and corrupted everything just like it did to alot of people and even trying to replay it leads to the same corruption fail... For how expensive the game is I expected alot more. To bad I already wasted my money 

Guest PS4 v.1.3 Hotfix a Success

Can't speak for everyone, but my game runs smooth as butter now and I haven't had a single corrupted save file issue since the hot fix was pushed. Does it suck that I had to start over? Eh, yea it's not awesome, but I'm making the most of it! Love this game! :) 

i cant sit in the movie theatre ? to view uncle sam movie. how i can do?

Edited by Pito

Guest di.an

since i updated this last version on my ps4, i can't read new notes anymore. the scrolling wheel won't go past one of the notes so i can't read anything underneath that one..

also, even though i completed crazy legs, and i failed doing edie goes downer, i get a notification every single day for these two and it's annoying. hive mind would need a fix too. there are some more though.

Guest What gives?

Still experiencing game breaking crashes post patch on PS4. Just lost all my progress for the second time.

Hi!  I'm suffering from the Ex Cathedra bug where the key won't spawn on the dead bobby. [BTW, there's a bobby at the hole in the wall when you enter the Catheral and he's got mushrooms visibly on him. But when I try to search him, it shows that he's empty. All the bobbies are like that in the Cathedral]

I'm guessing the hotfix hasn't passed cert on Xbox :(  I've still got version 1.1.69578

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried on a Xbox One [Durango] and an Xbox One X [Scorpio]... same problem. When I try to go into "Update" to see if the hotfix is there... it's not. No updates to take.

Guest Rodriguez

Hey compulsion games, wheres the xbox one patch? Is there any approx. Date for its release? Fix framerate as well please

Guest Cookiealpacas

Anyone know when 1.3 patch for pa4 will go live?  It was announced days ago and just needed to go through QAz

Not sure if devs are acutally tracking this stuff but I wanted to make mention about a couple more spots where I'm getting game crashes on PC. First, I was stuck with the game crashing in the train station. I would grab a switch and hook it up to a wall in another room, then im supposed to flip the switch and turn something that looks like a crank. I consistently crashed there no matter how I tweaked the settings or even after re-installing the game. I then read on a steam forum that since the hotfix I should try starting a new game instead of using the old save. I did this and now im consistantly crashing in the room where you learn the bottle throwing tutorial. the game progression has literally gotten worse since this hotfix. It goes without saying that I'm not happy about the game not being playable ATM but I'm sure the devs get the picture. Not trying to kick a dead horse but hopefully the locations of these crashes is useful information to the devs?  Fix our game please :) 

Guest YURiiMii

Hi,

My husband and I are playing and we are still having glitch issues with the I sing electric bodies. We are still not getting the keys from any of the bodies. Are there any suggestions to fix this so that we can move forward with the game?