Gh0stHunting

Is There Anyway to Use Console Commands/Developer Cheats in The Full Release Version of WHF?

Full disclosure, I'm asking this specifically because I need a bug fixed (a quest item is missing), but I figured the topic of console commands usage is more of a General Discussion thing than Technical Support.

So.. Is there anyway to use them in the full game? 

Gameranx made an article a few days ago about useful console commands for We Happy Few. They give a vague tutorial on how to get developer cheats to work in the full game, but after trying to follow their given steps, I went nowhere. 

cc.png.218ab0011a08c59a42e5518a28a3b8ab.png

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some more detailed steps on how to get them to work, if it's even possible

Thanks. ?

the same question. In the Great Stink: Ok, so I had a problem with being aware that the shock grenades were available. I quit, found out, went down (it says "defeat the jubilator"), and it's not there! The jubilator is gone! "Talk to Peter Thump" causes no reaction (because I haven't defeated the jubilator)! Do I have to start a new game now?

On 8/18/2018 at 2:50 AM, bleep13 said:

the same question. In the Great Stink: Ok, so I had a problem with being aware that the shock grenades were available. I quit, found out, went down (it says "defeat the jubilator"), and it's not there! The jubilator is gone! "Talk to Peter Thump" causes no reaction (because I haven't defeated the jubilator)! Do I have to start a new game now?

To help on a broken quest (or one you just don't want to complete), use: 
CompleteObjective 
(Completes a pending objective but not the entire quest.) 

In your case, if you need to complete the QUEST, type the following: 
CompleteQuest 
(Completes an entire selected quest that you are following without doing any objectives.)

Try the first option first and if you still can't finish it, use the last option. 

Edited by RonRay

On 8/17/2018 at 9:00 AM, Gh0stHunting said:

Full disclosure, I'm asking this specifically because I need a bug fixed (a quest item is missing), but I figured the topic of console commands usage is more of a General Discussion thing than Technical Support.

So.. Is there anyway to use them in the full game? 

Gameranx made an article a few days ago about useful console commands for We Happy Few. They give a vague tutorial on how to get developer cheats to work in the full game, but after trying to follow their given steps, I went nowhere. 

cc.png.218ab0011a08c59a42e5518a28a3b8ab.png

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some more detailed steps on how to get them to work, if it's even possible

Thanks. ?

We sometimes forget that everyone does not know their way around the files of a computer; so I will add to the thread..... 

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to either your Steam installation folder (directory) or if you use a different installation (such as GOG), then navigate to C:\Users\{your name}\Documents\My Games\We Happy Few\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini ... Open 'config.ini' in any text editor (default editor= Notepad). 

Or use the above directions and enter these lines in "config.ini: 

[/script/glimpsegame.glimpseconsole]
bConsoleEnabled=True
ConsoleKey=`
ConsoleKeys=`

Save the file (look on the top left of the open congig.ini file for the word "File" - Click on "File", then click "Save".)  You can close this file now.

If you're using a game downloaded from GOG, go to your desktop to where your short-cut to the game is located and "Right-Click" on the short-cut, then select "Properties" from that (small) context window at the bottom. If you're using Windows 10, there will be six tabs at the top of the 'Properties' window (the window that is now open). Click on the tab that says "Shortcut". The top line labeled as "Target" and to the right of that will be the path to where the game is installed. (If the game is from GOG, it will look something like this: "C:\Games\We Happy Few\GlimpseGame\Binaries\Win64\GlimpseGame.exe" (or where you have your game installed). At the END of this line, type the following:  -console 
There is a space between the end of the original line and -console... So now it should look something like this (according to where YOUR game is installed- don't copy MY path!) : "C:\Games\We Happy Few\GlimpseGame\Binaries\Win64\GlimpseGame.exe" -console (Do not place "-console" within the quotations that are already there... it goes AFTER the quotations.) At the bottom of that same "Properties" window, select the "Advanced..." button. Now place a check on the "Run as administrator". Click "Apply" - then click "OK". 
Now open your game and in the game (not the inventory menu), select the tilde key "`", or the key that is directly above the "Tab" key. The console will open at the bottom of the screen- hit Tilde key again and the console will get larger- covers the top half of the screen. You can now type commands in. After you type a command, or Copy (Ctrl+C) a command from a text file, and then Paste (Ctrl+V) into the console, hit the Enter key to activate it. Hit the Tilde key (`) again to close the console. 

Edited by RonRay

Guest Unhappy

@RonRay, thanks for the nice summary. But what if I do, if I have downloaded the game from Steam, but if there is non config.ini anywhere in my installation folder?

I have searched in all sub folders of this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamNew\steamapps\common\WeHappyFew

Hi, I need some help please as I have encountered a bug and want to bypass it using console dev commands but I have been unable to access console using the above instructions.

I am using steam/pc build version 1.5.72378

As per the above post, I tried using the following commands (tested each version as I went, by closing and restarting the game after each attempt)

[/Script/GlimpseGame.GlimpseConsole]
bConsoleEnabled=True

was unsuccessful THEN added the following lines:

[/script/engine.inputsettings]

ConsoleKey=`

ConsoleKeys=`

Was unsuccessful, THEN tried replacing ` with the word tilde

unsuccessful, THEN tried replacing the word tilde with F1

also unsuccessful, so THEN I conducted a search for input.ini in the "we happy few" steam folder and followed all the same steps, all to no avail.

I copied all the instructions from RonRay above but I am still unable to access the console in game.

I tried to locate an option to turn on dev console via game options, could not find any such option in the game.

What am I doing wrong?

For the record, the bug is being unable to feed Gwen her milk as I only have pick up with no feeding option (yes I have the milk). But aside from that, I'd still like to access dev console (yes I tried the tilde key and the customised F1 as per my note above).

I hope someone can help as all the instructions on here to access the console are what I have already tried it seems! :(

Hello @katstrut , I'm going to copy a post from another thread from last week that I think may help you open the console.

Hello Scave! Please read to the end.
I have a plan for helping you get passed this bug. As a PC player you have the ability to open the command console whereas those who play on gaming consoles do not.

Enable the console:

Press Windows + R

Paste: \Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\We Happy Few\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Press Enter

Open Input.ini

Add the following lines to the top of the Input.ini file and Save it:

bConsoleEnabled=True

Once you'
ve followed the steps above you will be able to open the command console by pressing the "~" botton (found above tab) while in game.
Open the command console.
Type "Ghost" and press enter.
Place yourself inside of the vent just after where you were getting stuck.
When you feel like you are in the right place, open the console again and type "walk" press enter.
Before you move forward, attempt to crouch and see if you are stuck or you can proceed.

It took me a few tries before I placed Arthur in the vent properly so don't give up. :)

Please Note: You now have the ability to go wherever you please. Although it is tempting to zip across the world on a whim, please be careful with your new powers. One example of how things can go wrong is... if you simply teleport yourself outside of the building you are stuck in, your current objective will not complete. The objective *needs* for you to open that vent at the end of the shaft in order to move onto the next objective.
Good luck!

If you get stuck on any of these steps please let us know.
Thank you for using the forums.
-Laura

Once you are successfully opening console you can enter the command "give formula", I know you already have milk but my best guess is that there's something off about the milk you already have. :D

Let me know if this works!

Hi Laura, thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I already tried those exact steps to get into the console. The problem is I cannot access the console at all, no matter what I do. I documented all the steps I tried in my OP. Any other suggestions?

Hey again, @katstrut
I have one last idea. Is there a chance that you are using a non EN-US keyboard?
if so, you can substitute these steps:

[/script/engine.inputsettings]ConsoleKey=F1

ConsoleKeys=F1
This will Rebind the Console to the F1 key instead of ` (Tilde)

Let me know if this works for you.

The only other thing I recommend for you is to contact Gearbox Support here with all the information you have posted above:
https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
They will be able to troubleshoot the problem and get back to you as soon as possible should you choose to contact them.

Have a nice day!

-Laura

Hi Laura, I actually stated that in my original post, so yes I already tried that. I am using a standard English keyboard but tried rebinding the controls to F1, unsuccessfully I might add. I will try support as you suggested, thanks. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

• Dan DwittToday at 07:35

Hi katstrut,

Below is the current guide on how to access the console commands. It looks as though you have taken most of the correct steps. Try setting your keyboard default to English US that may fix the issue. Also try launching the game as an administrator.

--Activating the debug console--
    Find the game folder in the Documents (C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\My Games\We Happy Few).
    Go to the folder Config, and then the folder WindowsNoEditor.
    Open Input.ini file using Notepad or similar software.
    Write the following lines in the document:|

bConsoleEnabled=True

(Text might already be present in the document keybinds were changed. Do not erase the text. The new lines can be added at the end of the file.)
    Save the document and close it.
    Start the game.
    The debug console is now accessible in-game by pressing the top left key (~ on an English keyboard), right under “ESC”. Not all keyboard layouts are supported. Default to English US if there are any problems.
    It can be closed by pressing “ESC”.

If none of the above fix your issue please let me know and I will investigate further.

Regards,
    Dan

We Happy Few - Player Support

katstrutToday at 09:00

Hi Dan, 
    I followed your instructions but it did not work so I thought that maybe the input.ini file was messed up so I deleted it and another was created when I restarted the game. I then exited and followed your steps and entered the lines by keyboard and it worked. Wanted to provide that feedback. Cheers.