BlackDevilz

The Slaughter's Apprentice[ Xbox One ]

Trying to replace the eviscerator part into the machine but can't. I get NO prompt with the X button. It seemed like the part that was broken disappeared after I opened the hatch.

IMG_0036(1).jpg

IMG_0037(1).jpg

IMG_0038(1).jpg

Edited by BlackDevilz

Ok this is a game breaker , I can not continue with game. I even go downstairs to the Door of Morbid Acceptance to let me out, the butcher won't allow me to leave.

Does this look like I need to start a NEW game ?? I have 30 hours already invested.

This seems to be an increasingly more common glitch players are meeting across all platforms. I myself have encountered it and Compulsion Games has yet to help out.

I believe there's something specific that triggers it though. Did you lockpick the door of the room you woke up in?

7 minutes ago, Gh0stHunting said:

This seems to be an increasingly more common glitch players are meeting across all platforms. I myself have encountered it and Compulsion Games has yet to help out.

I believe there's something specific that triggers it though. Did you lockpick the door of the room you woke up in?

I believe I did , but honestly can't remember.

Just now, BlackDevilz said:

I believe I did , but honestly can't remember.

Odds are that's what's triggering the bug in people's games tbh.

I'm trying to rule out the possible things that trigger this and at first I though the fact I picked up the new Eviscerator piece before being actually tasked to might have been behind it, but after chatting with a couple more people who've encountered the same glitch the only thing we all seem to have in common is the fact we lockpicked that goddamn door.

I've also found out that this is an issue that was already present in the Early Access game, but back then you could just go on console commands and type "give BrokenEvisceratorPart" to fix it. Console commands are no longer available though, and non PC players wouldn't be able to use that solution either way lol

They'll probably fix this in the new patch though, which I think is being released either today or tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue and apologize for the wait in responding to you.

It seems to be an issue with the part rarely falling out of world when it spawns.

If you're on PC, could you try the following and see if it fixes the issue for you:

First, enable the command console:

1 - Press Windows + R

2 - Paste the following and press Enter: \Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\We Happy Few\Config\WindowsNoEditor

3 - Open Input.ini

4 - Add the following lines to the top of the Input.ini file and save it:
[/Script/GlimpseGame.GlimpseConsole]
bConsoleEnabled=True

Next, load your save game and try the following:

1 - Once in-game, press the Tilde key (~). The command console should appear.

2 - Type in this command and press Enter: give  BrokenEvisceratorPart

3 - Attempt to interact with the machine and see if the issue is fixed

4 - If that doesn't work, save and quit your game after giving yourself the part and see if that fixes it

Unfortunately if that doesn't work or you're on a console (PS4 & Xbox One), you will need to load a previous save or start a new game in order to progress. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.

We're currently working on a hotfix to address performance, stability and other major issues; such as this one.

When we create a fix for this it may work retroactively, but we're not sure if that's possible yet.

If you decide to start a new game in the meantime, we would suggest starting your new game in a different playthrough slot so you can attempt to load your original game after the hotfix is released.

Cheers,

Lee

Sorry Lee re-loaded previous save , no help to me. I just continued with game.

Haven't decided if I am going to play the again or shelve it until game is completely fixed

Edited by BlackDevilz