Sign in to follow this  
Deniii

Will there be a GOG version for PC?

Question to the devs: as the title says, will you release "We Happy Few" on GOG.com?

I don't use steam and a lot of users at GOG don't use it as well.

It would be really appreciated by the whole GOG userbase (which is not small, by the way) if you'd release the game on GOG as well. If not on launch day, at least at a later time (as Techland did with their game, Dying Light)

Sorry if this was asked and answered before but I couldn't find a seach feature on the website.

Thanks for your time.

Hi @Deniii,

Thanks for asking - I don't think it's been asked before.

We could not tell before, but yes, We'll have our game on GOG.com. We definitely care about GOG user base and want to get our game in the hands of everybody. We'll make a dedicated/detailed announcement about it soon.

Thanks for the answer Clement!

Glad to see that there are devs that care about GOG and want to offer users, the chance to buy in their platform of choice instead of forcing them on a particular one.

Well, with that out of the way now comes, as Tom Petty said, the waiting, which is the hardest part.

Somewhat different variant of the same question. Since GOG have games in development now too (i.e. alpha / beta versions), do you plan to release alpha on GOG as well?

It would be really cool to get the game on my preferred platform (GOG, and incidentally, Linux) early! If not and you're focusing on deploying to Steam at first, I will wait patiently for its full release.

If I remember correctly, this came up a long time ago actually, like... 7 months ago or something. But yeah, they ended up announcing GoG after that which is super cool. 8>

@Naila: can you clarify please, according to this

The game will release on Steam Early Access and on Xbox One Game Preview on July 26

While the above Kickstarter update says:

The game will be available on Steam Early Access, Xbox One Game Preview
and GOG.com Game in development
on July 26th 2016,

We’re targeting the Full Release for early 2017,

So the update was incorrect or the FAQ is missing the GOG part?

Leaving aside the argument that a GoG version can be sold on etc., what are the Pros & Cons of a GoG version over Steam - would it get automatically updated like on Steam? This would be especially important for an early access game. Price on both is currently identical.

I believe on GOG you have to pull the updates yourself, while steam does it for you. I always found steam super convenient, but there are people who don't want a steam account for whatever reason, for example cause they think steam will monitor them.