Sign in to follow this  
shmerl

Alpha / beta version for Linux?

I just saw this comment: https://steamcommunity.com/app/320240/discussions/0/357288572136519651/#c357288572138250695

On Steam, the game will be first made available on Windows but we'll release a Mac and Linux version later during Early Access. The game won't be Windows 10 exclusive.

So it means that Linux version will get alpha access after all? Will it be available only through Steam or some other ways too? I kind of didn't look into the alpha, since it was Windows only until now, but if it will get Linux version too, I might be interested.

Hey shmerl,

That was a miscommunication on our part. Linux and Mac won't be ready during Early Access (it IS possible but we don't want to promise anything we are not 100% sure of), sorry about that.

No problem, thanks for clarifying it @Naila. I personally didn't plan to play the alpha before, but this clarification will be useful in case someone was expecting it now.

Hello Naila, I'm started to get confused by what seems to be conflicting statements from the WHF team. On the Steam forums another developer said that the Mac version won't even be started to work on until after the PC/Xbox version has been released.

(Q: Will there be a Mac version?)

Captain Scarlett [developer] Jun 22 @ 3:53am

Yes it will be, but we will begin working on it after the final release of the game.

But you say that it only won't be available for early access (though there's a possibility). So which is it? Day and date release, or months after original release?

@Merchandise We are hoping to have to ready for 1.0. We will keep you guys updated. Also Captain Scarlett is me btw.