Guest j1ack

Motilene for Dr. Faraday Crash

Guest j1ack

I'm currently working on sucking up the motilene spill for Dr. Faraday, but everytime I go into the house and attempt to clean up the spill using the extractor, my whole system crashes.  It has happened four times now, one in the middle of the extraction animation, one immediately afterwards, and two when I was just looking at the spill.  My system is on and running but gives no monitor output, and I am forced to do a hard shutdown with the power button.  I've tried restarting the game and my system, and updating my graphics drivers, but none of this has helped.  This is very frustrating because I cannot continue with the main storyline.

Is this a problem anyone else has had with WHF?  Or is this a problem with my system?  It meets all the recommended requirements...

Hi j1ack,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues.

If you try turning down your graphics settings when harvesting the Motilene, does that help you bypass the issue? Once you've harvested it and saved your game you should be able to turn up your graphics settings again.

We're currently working on a hotfix to address performance, stability and other major issues.

Cheers,

Lee

Ok so i had a bit of a hard time trying to get the motilene. Still havent been able to get it. There wasnt any other quests for that area i could do besides the lilies of the field. So i found the spot for the motilene and try to work my way around it at night. Of course the bobbies came after me for being all lurking at night and i killed them both. Right after that the mission moon juice leech came up crossed coz of course the bobbies are dead. Now my question is did i just fucked my way out of getting the motilene and got to re start the game from the begining? I also killed by mistake madame who needed me to find a key. I guess ive talen too far the whole defending my self on this game. Also when i have the quest faraday's cage there is no destination mark on my map. So i guess i just want to know if i should start from the begining? 

Hi there,

I apologize for the late reply.

The quests that failed which you mentioned are side quests which are not required to complete the main game. You simply may not be able to get the rewards for those quests on that playthrough. You cannot fail main path missions, such as Faraday.

For the Motilene objective for Faraday, there is a known issue where the area map markers can be difficult to see (this is a colored circle where the objective can be found inside).

If you track the quest in your journal, do you get a waypoint on your HUD which points you in the correct direction? There should be a house on Lud's Holm (the same island as Faraday) which has a Motilene spill you can harvest for her quest.

Cheers,

Lee