Sign in to follow this  
TheTeaWolf

Noisiness

Because I am a nosey little downer; I was wondering which version of Unreal WHF is using. I was poking around in the game files and noticed the secondary build of 4.11 which I am assuming is either the Unreal Engine 4.11 or just the build as of April 11th. If so is it 4.11.2 or previous?----Also to anyone having fun reading this in my thread I have some interesting things for people to get predictions for the game based on some Achievements; which i am assuming is Steam/Xbox achievements:

Achievement_0_Title="An Apple a Day"Achievement_0_LockedDesc="Gotta keep those Joy doctors away..."Achievement_0_UnlockedDesc="But the doctors came anyway."Achievement_1_Title="Good Trip"Achievement_1_LockedDesc="It is all right, everything is all right, the struggle is finished."Achievement_1_UnlockedDesc="It is all right, everything is all right, the struggle is finished."Achievement_2_Title="The Golden Duck"Achievement_2_LockedDesc="It's one of a kind. And now it's yours."Achievement_2_UnlockedDesc="It's one of a kind. And now it's yours."

what could it mean :OI am an avid hunter when it comes to achievements; i have all of them in the Fallout Series (inc. DLC) 4 years didn't take that long I think. I will most likely have to get all of these.

To add to Naila's comment, we've just integrated 4.12 internally. This means we took all of the changes Epic made to the engine between 4.11 and 4.12, and reconcile conflicts with our existing code/ways of doing things. For example, the new version of the engine might break how we display menus, so we need to go in and figure out why that's happening and how we want to deal with it. Generally we integrate on a continuous basis until we get close to launch and need to lock everything down.

@Camille can give a much more eloquent response, as she's the one who makes the whole process almost completely painless.

Sam is right, although one version off.

We're still on 4.10, and I recently got 4.11 working. As an example of "broken things", all our roads and terrain had stopped rendering. It turned out that Epic had added a single keyword to a base rendering function which our roads and terrain were missing, leading to them not getting included.

But even though 4.11 is ready on my end, we're holding off on the upgrade until a later date when we can risk potential fallout from integrating it. By then, 4.12 will possibly be deemed stable by Epic, too.