Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cornbeef

Sally feedback

Guest Cornbeef

I just finished Arthur's story last night. And I have to say, it was amazing. I love love love this game so much, most interesting game that has come out in a very long time. And being a person that has suffered severe depression and anxiety I can really connect to the game and I really appreciate what the team has done with it

That being said. Sally. Now look, I know I should have the basics of the game down. But Sally is just way too hard and unbalanced right now. I'm just now on Keep the Home Fires Burning at the beginning of her act. And literally everywhere I go I get beaten into the ground. I can't find the chemicals I need to fill my perfume bottle, which makes a predicament since you're forced into conflict with the plague zombie in your old house banging on your door. Which, in my experience, aggros the rest of them in the whole house. Oh yeah and the door to the bedroom is locked and I seem to have encountered a bug where I can't pick locks even though I have a lockpick. I've died 5 times as sally already and it's early yet. In Arthur's entire story I died a grand total of twice. I'm really digging Sally' s special mechanic and playstyle and really like that it's different from Arthur. But I feel like it really needs to be balanced as such. Right now it's just irritating more than anything

A few tips that might help with your play through with Sally:

• Always be sneaky, at least until later in the game. Run away and hide if you are noticed.
  • Plague Wastrels are afraid of light; if you can find a torch you can alternately flash it in their face, then hit them with a weapon. If you time this right, they'll never get the opportunity to attack you.
  • Get out into the Garden District early on to gather plants and make a stack of Healing Balms. Gather a lot so that you can craft more when you run out.
  • You will have to follow the main quest to get ingredients for the primary weapons (atomizers), but you can hold off on each until you have time to gather resources, craft helpful items, and earn skill points by doing side quests.
  • Take the risk of going out at night in the Village and search the houses. After a few runs you'll usually find the ingredients you need for the knockout syringe. Ditto for houses in the Garden District. They way of the thief is the best way to progress as Sally.
  • Thoroughly explore the Village and find all the shopkeepers. Sell off loot you don't need. Since Sally can't craft, she must buy what she needs. Return to the shopkeepers from time to time, as they'll get new items over time.
  • If you find caltrops, hold on to them. If you can buy them, buy a lot. Throwing them down makes it a lot easier to outrun someone.
  • Like 1

Guest Cornbeef
19 hours ago, Rambler said:

A few tips that might help with your play through with Sally:

• Always be sneaky, at least until later in the game. Run away and hide if you are noticed.
  • Plague Wastrels are afraid of light; if you can find a torch you can alternately flash it in their face, then hit them with a weapon. If you time this right, they'll never get the opportunity to attack you.
  • Get out into the Garden District early on to gather plants and make a stack of Healing Balms. Gather a lot so that you can craft more when you run out.
  • You will have to follow the main quest to get ingredients for the primary weapons (atomizers), but you can hold off on each until you have time to gather resources, craft helpful items, and earn skill points by doing side quests.
  • Take the risk of going out at night in the Village and search the houses. After a few runs you'll usually find the ingredients you need for the knockout syringe. Ditto for houses in the Garden District. They way of the thief is the best way to progress as Sally.
  • Thoroughly explore the Village and find all the shopkeepers. Sell off loot you don't need. Since Sally can't craft, she must buy what she needs. Return to the shopkeepers from time to time, as they'll get new items over time.
  • If you find caltrops, hold on to them. If you can buy them, buy a lot. Throwing them down makes it a lot easier to outrun someone.

Thank you for the tips :) I had no idea that I had to progress further to unlock the chems for the atomizer. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense since it's introduced very early on. Sally takes out the atomizer to specifically show us and we get the tutorial. And then you can't even use it until way later? I eventually got through the part I was stuck on by buffing up and using a lot of healing balm. I have found a torch since then so I'll keep that in mind next time I encounter plague wastrels

there is one more thing I had an issue with. The price of the special items, like the feeder and the carry coat. Is there any way to make any big money with Sally, besides stealing and selling? If they're gonna start slapping a 300 sovereign price tag on items we need more missions that pay in sovereigns. I thought my Arthur was pretty rich, and with him I only managed to scrape up 100 in my 10 hours of gameplay with him

Sallys main job is selling them Druuugs! So the best way to make cash with her is to make lots of drugs you don't need but are easy to manufacture for selling. The syringes seem to sell best, though I didn't note which particular one sells for the most. 

Edited by Nadyanilo

On 8/16/2018 at 1:19 PM, Rambler said:

I discovered this waaay too late. The vomit bombs too. Great for a Sally playthrough.