Sign in to follow this  
Downer

Outfits in WHF

I'd really like to know what everyone thinks about the outfits in the game so far. I would also like to know where the art team came up with the outfits, did they just research some 1960s wear, or did they make it from scratch?

@Downer Whitney the art director is out of the office today, but once she comes back I will poke her to come talk about it on this thread :)

I remember Guillame mentioned they looked at historical photos and recent movies made about the era to gleam insight, and I believe they mentioned Whitney herself visited England, though I can't remember the source I got that from. Will be interesting to get the official answer from Whitney though!

Hey there

The women's clothing was heavily inspired by famous mod 60s designers - examples being Pierre Cardin and Mary Quant. I wanted to make sure our societies clothing was as iconic and accurate as possible so I took different elements from the original designs and twisted and combined them for our ladies. The men were inspired by various British 60's references. Turns out turtlenecks and blazers were all the rage back then! It was important to me to push the fun, dandy, mod, space-enthused side of the 60s in their clothing. Hope this answers your question!

It does! I was really interested in how you came up with the designs, I personally love the outfits in WHF and this also helps me with a few cosplay ideas!

Thanks for the reply!

The outfits scream 1960s as soon as you see them, and the colours/design (mixed in with the rest of the visuals/accents) feel like it can't be quite be pinned to one specific place. I personally think that's such a nice quality to have.

Also it makes me want to cosplay every one of them with designs like that. 60s fashion is gorgeous (and the face-masks are eerily fabulous).