xAllrounderx

Gamebreaking Bug - Bobby HQ was not generated on my Map

So as the title says my playthrough ends in Maidenholm because the Bobby HQ wasnt even generated on my map...

I play the Steamversion on the Build v1.1.69866 .

Edited by xAllrounderx

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

To help us troubleshoot the issue, could you send the following information to: support@compulsiongames.com

- PC Specifications:
1. Press Windows + R
2. Paste: dxdiag
3. Press enter
4. Select ‘Save All Information…’
5. Attach dxdiag.txt to email

- Save Data:
1. Press Windows + R
2. Paste: \Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games
3. Press enter
4. Select 'We Happy Few'
5. Right Click on 'We Happy Few' and select 'Send to' > 'Compressed (Zipped) folder'
6. Attach We Happy Few.zip to email

Cheers,

Lee

Exactly the same thing has happened to me, the Quest bang isn't showing up and despite walking around the entire village, the HQ does indeed appear not to have spawned. This is somewhat problematic, obviously. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Van said:

Exactly the same thing has happened to me, the Quest bang isn't showing up and despite walking around the entire village, the HQ does indeed appear not to have spawned. This is somewhat problematic, obviously. 

Exactly I mean I honestly love the game and its concept...but in a full release there shouldnt be gamebreaking bugs in the main questline. If it was a simple sidequest okay then i would just ignore it and enjoy the rest of the game but so...Seems like I will wait another few months when all the bugs have been fixed, and they have brought back proper survival mechanics like in the early access. You just have to look at the steam reviews to see that the launch...sadly...seems to have been way to early. I just hope they dont abandon the game and fix it. I have waited a years for it since it was announced so a few months dont really matter to me. Its just a bit dissapointing because in my opinion this game has so much potential.

Well, it looks like this is a becoming a common bug. The same thing has happened to me, I've explored the whole maidenholm and there's no Bobby HQ also no marker when I track the quest. I hope there's a propper fix without having to restart a game from scratch, although that's ptobably going to be the solution.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coffeevin said:

Well, it looks like this is a becoming a common bug. The same thing has happened to me, I've explored the whole maidenholm and there's no Bobby HQ also no marker when I track the quest. I hope there's a propper fix without having to restart a game from scratch, although that's ptobably going to be the solution.

Well I simply dont want to palay a game of luck if I can continue my playthrough or have to restart all over again just because of a gamebreaking bug. I will wait and see when the fixes come. If you look at the reviews many peaople have experienced countless bugs. Just look at these forums...and tbh the minority actually uses the forums to report bugs.

Unfortunately there is no solution to work around this issue and you will have to start a new game. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.

We're currently working on a hotfix to address performance, stability and other major issues; including this one to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Cheers,

Lee

• Like 1

Hey Lee,

Honestly, I kind of expected this being the response as the worldseed is generated at game creation which means to fix it, you'd have to regen the world and that might get..sticky. But, gotta say it's nice to have a confirmation on this and direct response so quickly, so cheers for the pretty great customer service! It's an annoying bug, but they happen and at least we're not >super< far in, although my annoying compulsion (pun unintentional) to complete all side-quests before going to the next area means it's a little more frustrating. Ah well!

Thanks,

Van

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lee said:

Unfortunately there is no solution to work around this issue and you will have to start a new game. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.

We're currently working on a hotfix to address performance, stability and other major issues; including this one to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Cheers,

Lee

Well I feel sad too because I honestly really wanted to enjoy this game because I was so hyped about it and loved most of what I had seen in early access. Otherwise I wouldnt have gotten it as soon as it came out on steam. I hope the hotfix you guys are working on will fix most of the issues. I really look forward to playing it again and hopefully enjoying it without such issues and in a more polished version. I just hope that you don't abandone the game and all its potential but I think there still are many things that could or even have to be done before it really becomes the game that it deserves to be. When all the bugs, glitches and maybe some gameplay issues with the survival mechanics or the AI are ironed out it will become a really interesting and storydriven survival experience. Until then I wish you guys good luck and I look fowrward to the comming patches and updates.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lee said:

Cheers,

Lee

Glad you took the time answer, can't say I didn't expect that respond sadly. I was having such a good time since I accomplished a lot. I really hope you guys solved this soon since I honestly don't want to play knowing that this could happend again and I wouldn't be able to know until I reach that point again. On that note I wonder if you can give us an ETA on the hotfix

• Thanks 1