xAllrounderx

Will it be possible in the future to bring back the survival aspect of the game?

So I played quite a few hours of the full version and honsetly...I miss the survival aspect of the earlier versions. Food and other items have no real use if 1 only 1 berry completly fills your hunger and gives you the buff. Thats waaaaay to easy in my opinion. Atleast please bring back the option to make it like hard mode where food and water have an actual use and starving and so on can kill you again. Playing the game now feels like generally playing on easy mode.

You do know there are multiple difficulty options, right? Only Easy removes food/drink/sleep requirements.

But a sandbox mode for more hardcore survival players is in the works and will be available, for free, later on.

• Like 1

Yes I know that there are multiple difficulty options. But like I said in my post the problem is that the debuff you get when you don't eat, drink or sleep is just a minor inconvenience regardless of the difficulty setting you choose. I just wanted to express the thought that one singel berry shouldnt fill your hunger completly and give you the buff. You can find like hunderds of these really easy and it devalues all other food items. Why use all the good stuff when one singel berry does the job? I found it way more usefull to sell all the good food and just eat berrys because it works and in my opinion playing on hard it shouldnt work especially not on hard mode. In the earlier versions you sometimes had to eat the rotten stuff if you weren't prepared enough or atleast eat like 5 berry to somehow fill your hunger. The description even says that the berry is "not terribly filing, though". Well it seems it is extremly filling. Its completly okay if the requierements would be like this on easy or even are removed completly but on hard thats not difficult in any good way, if at all its just a bit annoying.