Guest Zzz

Slaughterer’s Apprentice-Eviscerator Problem

Guest Zzz

Hello! Enjoying the game a lot!

Except in the butchers house, after i pick up the eviscerator, i can’t seem to place it into the machine, it doesn’t show me the option! i checked that i have it in my inventory, but can’t do anything! not even escape ? 

please help!! i need to finish arthurs journey! 

xox

Guest Gh0stHunting

I have the same exact same issue and I can't seem to find any solution. ?

Guest Zzz

hang in there! hopefully they fix it for us soon??

Did you also pick up the new Eviscerator piece before being actually tasked to? Because I went into the cellar early on, saw it and grabbed it right away, so I'm just wondering if that might have triggered the glitch...

Guest Zzz

I picked it up after i was tasked to! i don’t think it matters when, but the option isn’t even showing up

tried killing myself as well but can’t do that either LOL

Yeah. It won't give me the option to interact with the machine either. Thought it might have been because I grabbed it too early, but guess not. 

Welp, guess only time will tell us what to do lol

As a preemptive measure, can each of you provide the platform and game version? You can find the version in the pause screen. This will help the team better understand how to fix your problem.

Guest Zzz

I am playing on xbox one!

Version of game: Build v1.1.69578

Guest Guest-kel

Same exact thing. Literally stuck in a never ending loop of stamping meat cakes. 

Guest Zzz

hey guys, 

so i was able to open a manually saved file that far from where the glitch happened and i did butchers quest again BUT this time i waited for his instructions, ONLY did what he said,

-waited for the door to open by itself (no picklock) 

-didn't go downstairs and search for things in counter, cupboard etc. 

basically followed the butchers instructions on point, and when it came time for the eviscerator machine, it opened up and out came the broken eviscerator part which i was able to pick up!!

i was able to continue the game this way, hopefully this works for you and you saved a game not far from that point!!

hopefully they will release an update that deals with these small glitches!

?

9 hours ago, Guest Zzz said:

hey guys, 

so i was able to open a manually saved file that far from where the glitch happened and i did butchers quest again BUT this time i waited for his instructions, ONLY did what he said,

-waited for the door to open by itself (no picklock) 

-didn't go downstairs and search for things in counter, cupboard etc. 

basically followed the butchers instructions on point, and when it came time for the eviscerator machine, it opened up and out came the broken eviscerator part which i was able to pick up!!

i was able to continue the game this way, hopefully this works for you and you saved a game not far from that point!!

hopefully they will release an update that deals with these small glitches!

?

I don't think I have any saved file close to the Butcher's quest ??

If the development team doesn't respond soon I'm probably gonna try to use Cheat Engine to try to skip the quest or something lol. 

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue and apologize for the wait in responding to you.

It seems to be an issue with the part rarely falling out of world when it spawns.

If you're on PC, could you try the following and see if it fixes the issue for you:

First, enable the command console:

1 - Press Windows + R

2 - Paste the following and press Enter: \Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\We Happy Few\Config\WindowsNoEditor

3 - Open Input.ini

4 - Add the following lines to the top of the Input.ini file and save it:
[/Script/GlimpseGame.GlimpseConsole]
bConsoleEnabled=True

Next, load your save game and try the following:

1 - Once in-game, press the Tilde key (~). The command console should appear.

2 - Type in this command and press Enter: give  BrokenEvisceratorPart

3 - Attempt to interact with the machine and see if the issue is fixed

4 - If that doesn't work, save and quit your game after giving yourself the part and see if that fixes it

Unfortunately if that doesn't work or you're on a console (PS4 & Xbox One), you will need to load a previous save or start a new game in order to progress. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.

We're currently working on a hotfix to address performance, stability and other major issues; such as this one.

When we create a fix for this it may work retroactively, but we're not sure if that's possible yet.

If you decide to start a new game in the meantime, we would suggest starting your new game in a different playthrough slot so you can attempt to load your original game after the hotfix is released.

Cheers,

Lee

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lee said:

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue and apologize for the wait in responding to you.

It seems to be an issue with the part rarely falling out of world when it spawns.

If you're on PC, could you try the following and see if it fixes the issue for you:

First, enable the command console:

1 - Press Windows + R

2 - Paste the following and press Enter: \Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\We Happy Few\Config\WindowsNoEditor

3 - Open Input.ini

4 - Add the following lines to the top of the Input.ini file and save it:
[/Script/GlimpseGame.GlimpseConsole]
bConsoleEnabled=True

Next, load your save game and try the following:

1 - Once in-game, press the Tilde key (~). The command console should appear.

2 - Type in this command and press Enter: give  BrokenEvisceratorPart

3 - Attempt to interact with the machine and see if the issue is fixed

4 - If that doesn't work, save and quit your game after giving yourself the part and see if that fixes it

Unfortunately if that doesn't work or you're on a console (PS4 & Xbox One), you will need to load a previous save or start a new game in order to progress. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.

We're currently working on a hotfix to address performance, stability and other major issues; such as this one.

When we create a fix for this it may work retroactively, but we're not sure if that's possible yet.

If you decide to start a new game in the meantime, we would suggest starting your new game in a different playthrough slot so you can attempt to load your original game after the hotfix is released.

Cheers,

Lee

Thank you so much, my game has successfully been fixed! :)

fixed.thumb.png.adaac2f65f70296e1f90cb8b7f63b83e.png

• Like 1