YayRee

Health Keeps Decreasing. (spoilers)

For some reason my health keeps decreasing. I'm not sure why. I just finished the quest where you suck fog for the chemist, when i went back into a hatch to sleep and took my mask off, i almost died due to "gas" though there was no gas.
Now im out in the garden district collecting healing stuff and my health just keeps decreasing. My stats are perfectly fine, i even used a first aid kit.

Is it a bug?
I included two screenshots of just how fast my health is decreasing via the game clock and one to show my status effects

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png

Hello YayRee,

I am sorry to hear about this issue you are having, thank you for your feedback! Can you please respond with what console you are playing on and your build number? Build number can be found on the bottom right of the pause/main menu. In the meantime, have you tried putting the gas mask back on to see if you can work around the bug? Thanks.

-Pierre

@Pierre I actually encountered the same thing.

It happened during this quest as well, too. But I think if you quick travel to one of your shelters whilst wearing a gasmask in a toxic fog patch (in my case, I was in the Garden District), and then remove the mask, the effects of the fog are still present and will slowly kill you.  I thought putting the mask on and taking it off again fixed it, as Arthur stopped coughing, but after going to wait on a bench for day time I came out in Second Wind. Healed up, but watched my health slowly drain. Saving and reloading fixed the issue.

Platform: PC - Steam
Build: 1.1.69866

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Iris_Lockspur said:

@Pierre I actually encountered the same thing.

It happened during this quest as well, too. But I think if you quick travel to one of your shelters whilst wearing a gasmask in a toxic fog patch (in my case, I was in the Garden District), and then remove the mask, the effects of the fog are still present and will slowly kill you.  I thought putting the mask on and taking it off again fixed it, as Arthur stopped coughing, but after going to wait on a bench for day time I came out in Second Wind. Healed up, but watched my health slowly drain. Saving and reloading fixed the issue.

Platform: PC - Steam
Build: 1.1.69866

Cheers!

Very glad to see that you were able to work around this bug, and thank you very much for your detailed description of reproduction! makes my job much easier (; I will go ahead and report this bug and hopefully we will release a fix for this in either one of the upcoming hot fixes or patches.  

Guest Bugs  and crashing

So happy to have a chance to play with great game! Unfortunately I am constantly frustrated by the game crashing! The game crashes at least once during every single main quest line. I have also had much crashing during sub so happy to have a chance to play this great game! Unfortunately I am constantly frustrated by the game crashing! The game crashes at least once during every single main quest line. I have also had much crashing during sub quests.   It also crashes while loading.    Definitely some performance bugs!    That aside what a wonderful, fun and challenging game.

Happy to hear you are enjoying the game. We have been made aware of these crashes, the most common in my opinion being out of memory crashes. Expect a patch coming very soon to help fix many of these performance issues, such as Low FPS, Out of Memory crashes, and GPU hang crashes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pierre said:

Hello YayRee,

I am sorry to hear about this issue you are having, thank you for your feedback! Can you please respond with what console you are playing on and your build number? Build number can be found on the bottom right of the pause/main menu. In the meantime, have you tried putting the gas mask back on to see if you can work around the bug? Thanks.

-Pierre

I'm on pc and build 1.1.69866 and its from steam

Saving and reloading the game fixed the issue for me.
Thanks for looking into this.

Edited by YayRee
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 8:14 PM, YayRee said:

I'm on pc and build 1.1.69866 and its from steam

Saving and reloading the game fixed the issue for me.
Thanks for looking into this.

Glad to help, and glad that you were able to work around!

-Pierre