I am not entirely sure what I did, but I think it involved loading saves while completing the Shocking Carelessness quest.

I got through every step of the quest, including activating the track access hatch, but the quest never registered completion of this step.  As a result, the access hatch is powered and enabled so I cannot interact with the switch anymore, but the quest log indicates that it has not been activated and I am not able to fast travel to other hatches.

As far as I can tell, the flags in the game the govern the state of the access hatch switch are out of sync with the quest flags and I do not currently see a way I can get them to synchronize.

To add some additional details that may be useful in figuring out what is going on.

I am playing on the PC using GOG Galaxy.

I encountered this issue when I was trying to find a save from before I made a mistake that I wanted to back off from, so I was saving and loading repeatedly.

Since reporting this bug, similar issues have cropped up with other shelters where the Access Hatch is powered and I cannot further interact with it, but attempting to use the fast travel functionality, I get alerted that fast travel from the shelter I am at is not enabled.  I forget the exact name of it, but the other shelter this has happened at is the first shelter in Lud's Holm.

I am still able to fast travel to both of these shelters.

The best workaround I have found for this issue is walking to the nearest shelter that I can fast travel from and use it from there.  This is a really crappy workaround, but it at least allows me to continue in the game.

• Thanks 1

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues.

This is a known issue which has been reported by some other users with some of the safehouse quests. The safehouse will still function, however the quest does not clear from the journal.

We're currently working on a hotfix to address performance, stability and other major issues.

We'll also be fixing other issues like the one mentioned above in a future patch.

Cheers,

Lee

It seems like these safehouses are only partially functional.  I can fast travel to them and use the stuff in them, but I am unable to fast travel from them.

I realize this is clearly a much lower priority that the major issues, but this is still very frustrating.

As a temporary workaround, flipping the power switch off will update the quest and allow you to activate the hatch.

Cheers,

Lee

I am not able to interact with the power switch to flip it off.

Is this a workaround introduced with a new patch?  If so, the urgency of fixing this kind of issue further is greatly decreased.

That being said, none of the hatches in the main city are allowing me to fast travel out of them, regardless of whether or not the quest is reporting as completed.  They all allow me to fast travel to them, but not from them.

Are you able to interact with the power switch for the shelter itself (not the hatch). This is the one near the workbenches, where you had to turn the electricity off and back on before draining the water.

In regards to being unable to fast travel from hatches, if you press up and down on the d-pad are you able to scroll through the list of hatches and select one?

Cheers,

Lee

I have tried using the power switch on the shelter itself with no effect.  The switch by the hatch is not interactable.

I am playing on PC and I can get into the screen to select where I want to fast travel to, but when I actually select any other hatch, a message pops up that I am not able to fast travel from this location.  I am not able to open the game and reproduce this right now, but I can get screen shots of what I am experiencing when I get home from work.

• Like 1

Screenshots of your quest journal or a video of what you're seeing when trying to activate the shelter would be helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

The player isn't able to use fast travel from the map directly when inside an underground location.

You will need to use the hatches directly or you can fast travel using the map if you go back to street level and try from there. :)

Please let us know if that works for you.

Cheers,

Lee

I think I understand what is going on here.  From some hatches, I was able to fast travel to other hatches by clicking on the map.  This led me to think that was the correct way to use fast travel.  When I select the destination from the side bar, as you suggested, fast travel works as expected from all hatches I have tried so far.

At this point, I see 4 bugs, all of which are pretty minor or probably easy to fix:

• Shocking Carelessness is not clearing once completed
  • Messaging to the player about how to use fast travel when using a keyboard and mouse is not nearly as clear as when using a controller
  • Some hatches allow you to use fast travel by clicking on the map instead of the side bar
  • The message that pops up when you click on the map of "You cannot fast travel from this location" implies that you can fast travel by clicking on the map.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1