Solid_Smith

Possible Bug: Moon Juice Leech Quest

For the Maidenholm quest, Moon Juice Leech, I killed the two constables that we're inspecting the body. I then inspected the body but there was no indication telling me as to whether or not I failed the quest. The map marker is still visible and the quest is still listed in my current quest log. I believe I received the skill points for the quest, but the text is red instead of black. I have not failed a question before and don't know what that looks like, but I did attach two images of the quest log and map. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, forgive me for the poor image quality.

15340236437777922955646438831672.jpg

15340236912117643096384041346619.jpg

Hi. Same happened to me. Reloaded (and immediately hit a bug where it spawns me sitting on a bench, but prompts are missing. I can read paper, but cannot get up or bring up in-game menu. If I exit back to main menu, it tells me it cannot save because I am in the middle of a conversation or something to that effect. Tried the power off controller fix, does not resolve it. Had to load earlier save and replay a bunch to get back there....did this twice, but I digress...)

Anyway back to your issue. What you have to do is DISTRACT the guards, not kill them. Killing them breaks the quest. Instead, bribe each one with a bottle of scotch, then crouch and slowly approach the body. I say this because, for me, the bobbies just stand their rocking back and forth after getting their scotch and do not leave. If you move too far towards the body, the front bobbie tells you to back off and you have to re-bribe him. When you finally search the body WITHOUT killing the bobbies, the quest should complete. 

Of course with as disappointingly buggy as this game is, no promises. Only what worked for me. Good luck.

I was looking to see if anyone else had this problem.

I listened to the Bobbies, approached and got the standard warning to move along. I went to move closer and the spanker triggered I believe? Not entirely sure, because Arthur took damage and the Bobbies, as well as a woman observing the body, became hostile.

Later on I circled back and threw a rubber ducky, which didn't seem to register other than quacking when thrown, and they didn't move from their positions.

*This part was on me, because I approached and beat them with a shovel, and once checking the corpse I received a Rotten Apple. I was pretty shoddy in my execution of the mission, but for now I hope a patch comes out to be able to complete it.

So, the issue I have is after bribing them with Scotch, when I trespass to check corpse they attack me. Can't distract them now as they're drunk.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues.

We're tracking a known issue in our bug database related to these Bobbies not always working correctly with distraction objects.

We're currently working on a hotfix to address performance, stability and other major issues.

We'll also be fixing other issues like the ones mentioned above in a future patch.

Cheers,

Lee

On 8/12/2018 at 11:34 AM, Marklodi said:

Hi. Same happened to me. Reloaded (and immediately hit a bug where it spawns me sitting on a bench, but prompts are missing. I can read paper, but cannot get up or bring up in-game menu. If I exit back to main menu, it tells me it cannot save because I am in the middle of a conversation or something to that effect. Tried the power off controller fix, does not resolve it. Had to load earlier save and replay a bunch to get back there....did this twice, but I digress...)

Anyway back to your issue. What you have to do is DISTRACT the guards, not kill them. Killing them breaks the quest. Instead, bribe each one with a bottle of scotch, then crouch and slowly approach the body. I say this because, for me, the bobbies just stand their rocking back and forth after getting their scotch and do not leave. If you move too far towards the body, the front bobbie tells you to back off and you have to re-bribe him. When you finally search the body WITHOUT killing the bobbies, the quest should complete. 

Of course with as disappointingly buggy as this game is, no promises. Only what worked for me. Good luck.

Hello Marklodi,
Other users on the forums have discussed being stuck on the bench and the current work-around that was discovered was looking down at the bench itself so that you are provided with the prompt that will allow you to stand up. Good luck.