Jump to content
JPLeighton

[CRASH] Game crashing when loading your save file? Please read/post here!

Recommended Posts

Guest HSBE

I'm on PS4 version build v1.3.70168 as soon as I got to parade my game started crashing and would not come up I've tried manual save it will load and as soon as Arthur starts talking it automatically crashes to a point where I can't even load any past save files. The game started crashing before I went to parade only a few times and now that I'm there the game is completely unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest PrinceLothric99

Hello i have the most recent update for we happy few on ps4, and now i am able to complete act one, but it crashes before act 2 will load, i have replayed this 4 times now and each one ends with the game crashing, each time it also claimed the my save flies were corrupted. the issues first start in the parade, it starts with laggy gameplay, but it continues till the player dies and then the game crashes and won't reload properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest One Annoyed Dude

After 5 days of playin on ps4, in between work, my game crashes loading act 2....corrupted save file......

 

...the ball has sadly been dropped. Maybe ill revisit this game in the future if the issues are resolved. Until then, ttfn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dyllan Hoohuli

This game has crashed every single time I’ve played it. I never had a chance to quit the game and it’s kind of pissing me off. I’ve gotten to the all the way to the door exiting the Health research center and the game crashed... it won’t let me play from any “last Saved” files and it keeps crashing all the time. It crashed at the most important part of the game and leaves me having to restart the entire mission. Please fix this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lucky Duck

Keeps crashing everytime I load the game from it's most recent auto save spot at the shelter activated in Parade after the fashion show quest. I tried to complete the mission in the broadcast tower but it keeps crashing as I get through the building and it disabled saving.

Error message CE-34878-0 on PS4, bought the deluxe edition. Completely up to date with most recent update, v1.3.70168. Multiple restarts dine and trying to load from different save points, from auto to manual, still crashes after load done and midway through Arthur's dialogue while screen is still black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Rena2Paranoia

On Xbox One...my game will get to the menu, I start the game. Crashes in the load screen. Every single time. I haven't even been able to play it yet. I've rebooted twice. I made sure my Xbox was clean. The only thing left I can think to do is uninstall. Reinstall. If that doesn't work I give up for a long while. lol. It's frustrsting and not worth it. Although, slightly upset I preordered a game I can't play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Madhatluce

Hi, I'm currently playing WHF on PS4. I believe the version I have installed is 1.3.70168 (I've just uninstalled it and am reinstalling to see if this fixes my issue). I'm near the end of Act 1, I believe. I'm currently doing Malpractice of Doctors quest and have just entered the Wellington Health Institute. On my save I had just died and was about to restart but the game crashed after I pressed enter on the game over obituary screen. I've now tried to reload the game save twice on separate occasions later in the day and it crashes and closes the game as it finishes loading and a black screen appears with Arthur's statuses in the bottom left corner. Game crashes after his screen. I'm hoping by reinstalling the game now I'll be able to get back into the save. Fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Madhatluce said:

Hi, I'm currently playing WHF on PS4. I believe the version I have installed is 1.3.70168 (I've just uninstalled it and am reinstalling to see if this fixes my issue). I'm near the end of Act 1, I believe. I'm currently doing Malpractice of Doctors quest and have just entered the Wellington Health Institute. On my save I had just died and was about to restart but the game crashed after I pressed enter on the game over obituary screen. I've now tried to reload the game save twice on separate occasions later in the day and it crashes and closes the game as it finishes loading and a black screen appears with Arthur's statuses in the bottom left corner. Game crashes after his screen. I'm hoping by reinstalling the game now I'll be able to get back into the save. Fingers crossed. 

Have just double checked my game version and it is the 1.3.70168 build. Game save still crashes when loading having now reinstalled. Am able to load last save in a shelter, however, so haven't lost too much of my save. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anna

I am playing on Xbox One, version 1.3.70173 and I keep crashing constantly. I have just entered the parade district for the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fix your crap

I can't even friggin tolerate it ! All my save crashes after it finish loading and it take ages like 15 minutes to start this piece of crap ... And it cost me 90 buck for god sake . I writted gearbox and compulsion games so that i can't never buy a game of yours again ! I will not restart a games and will exchange it ASAP . How can you release a game half finished ? Imagine if you were in the 90s its bankruptcy after release ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dustybubbles

Hi. I’m playing on Xbox one. Playing on build v1.3.70173. I’m working on the quest “the parade” in Apple Holm. Before the game even loads it crashes. Glad you guys are working on a fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest LAMBTR0N

Playing on Xbox one classic, build 1.3.70173, same issue with save games crashing on load. Tried rebooting the Xbox through settings and save game loaded perfectly on first try. Hope this is a work around for some users. This game needs a save state function, now a save inventory and progress save, I think your software issue seems to have more with placing a character in the world closest to the actual save “point”. Just my observation, this game would be great with a save state and load function similar to most AAA title games, aside from wasting an hour to load, the game is fun to play, just please look at overhauling your save system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox One 1Tb, 2015
v1.3.70173

Before the most recent patch my save file in the Parade would crash upon loading. Post-patch my manual save, autosave, and last shelter save crash as soon as Arthur finishes his opening line and the save icon appears in the upper right corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pissedashell

I am experiencing the same problem. All of my saved games are corrupted so I either need to start over or start from a random saved game from the beginning of  getting into The Parade district. My game has crashed probably 47 times at this point and I would really enjoy a fix or my money back. It’s a really fun game, but having to do the same missions over and over because the game won’t save correctly or you can’t access a manual or auto saved point is ridiculous. I played the tester and I bought the game for PS4, so all together I’ve given around 100 dollars to just have it not work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot load my save file in the parade district. When I try to load several of my recent saves (all in the parade district), it crashes and gives the error "An error has occurred in the following application (CE-34878-0)." I have the most recent update for the game on PS4. It was working fine yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sad but true

Cant load any of my saves inside the parade district, have to load from last shelter to get my game back but it doeant help because i run into other game breaking bugs such as card readers not being hackable or even interactable (mission: housecall), or the times that npcs that you need to talk to randomly fall through the world when you get close to them (mission: literally any npcs not rooted in place or in a cutscene). Or my personal favorite! how sometimes when I drop bodies they will catapult me 300 feet in the air and kill me (superb meat boy). 

This is ridiculous, unprofessional, and sloppy. I had super high hopes for this game. The way you portray this distopian society and the way that the protagonist has to survive it all is wonderful. I just can't take playing through this game a third time... I'm afraid you've lost a customer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sad but true
Just now, Guest Sad but true said:

Cant load any of my saves inside the parade district, have to load from last shelter to get my game back but it doeant help because i run into other game breaking bugs such as card readers not being hackable or even interactable (mission: housecall), or the times that npcs that you need to talk to randomly fall through the world when you get close to them (mission: literally any npcs not rooted in place or in a cutscene). Or my personal favorite! how sometimes when I drop bodies they will catapult me 300 feet in the air and kill me (superb meat boy). 

This is ridiculous, unprofessional, and sloppy. I had super high hopes for this game. The way you portray this distopian society and the way that the protagonist has to survive it all is wonderful. I just can't take playing through this game a third time... I'm afraid you've lost a customer.

I'm on ps4 BTW v1.3.70168

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Shelby

Suddenly all of my files are crashing it. Im playing 1.3.70168 on PS4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest HeatherMarie

Ps4 latest version as of Sept. 4. 

Game keeps crashing upon loading saved file.

Cant play or take my joy. Im turning into a downer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest UKgamer

I've found a solution to the ce-34878-0 error when loading your game! After trying many different things I've found you need to do the following:

1: Eject the game from your PS4
2: Delete the game from your PS4
(not saved data)
3: Power off / on your PS4
4: Insert the game and installation  will begin installing
5: Cancel the update file 1.02 from downloading
6: Launch the game once installed from disk (DO NOT UPDATE TO 1.02)
7: Your saved game should now load and complete the current Act and manually save the game (autosave will also update)
8: Once the Act is completed / saved you can update to 1.02 patch and everything should work!

This took me a few days to figure out but definitely cures the issue until it's patch for good in 1.03 or above (future updates)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Valc

Erreur CE-34878-0 qui survient au même moment de la partie et données corrompus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 7:10 AM, Guest UKgamer said:

I've found a solution to the ce-34878-0 error when loading your game! After trying many different things I've found you need to do the following:

1: Eject the game from your PS4
2: Delete the game from your PS4
(not saved data)
3: Power off / on your PS4
4: Insert the game and installation  will begin installing
5: Cancel the update file 1.02 from downloading
6: Launch the game once installed from disk (DO NOT UPDATE TO 1.02)
7: Your saved game should now load and complete the current Act and manually save the game (autosave will also update)
8: Once the Act is completed / saved you can update to 1.02 patch and everything should work!

This took me a few days to figure out but definitely cures the issue until it's patch for good in 1.03 or above (future updates)

 

I don't think this solution works for those of us who didn't buy the disc version of the game. I downloaded it from the Playstation Store...

 

I had multiple crashes while playing, though I think it only crashed one time while accessing a save file. Thing is, as soon as I finished Act I of the game, it decided to crash right after starting Act II and deleted all my save data as "corrupt." I can see this has been a issue with the game since it's release, and one that is clearly not taken care of yet. That's really discouraging. I really want to finish this game badly - it's such a uniquely thought-out idea, and a genuinely fun game bar the obvious issues - but I don't dare risk re-starting as Arthur, especially after I made sure to be so thorough during that first playthrough, collecting everything and completing all the missions. All of that for nothing. For now, it might be better to just get a refund until it's fixed, since I'm broke, too...(Thought I'd have this game to enjoy until my next paycheck, alas.)

 

Edited by Bravelioness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sasuke

Why this game crashing still? wtf really? i buy this game 1month go and i  cant play it, very nice this cost me 60euros and i cant play. fix it god sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest no more compulsion game

You lost one customer, i cant understand how long take fix that ps4 problem crash etc. I dont never ever buy anything for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×