JPLeighton

[CRASH] Game crashing when loading your save file? Please read/post here!

Guest Heureux pas pour le moment

PS4 et sa version 1.1.69541

- déjà les chargements sont super  lent (2min)

- les sauvegardes corrompue 

- crash du jeu

j'adore ce jeu mais les bogues cache le plaisir que je ne rejouré pas le temps qui y a pas de collectif. Dépenser 70 € pour un jeu injouable

I reported the issue in the forums already and have an ongoing ticket with gearbox, but I figured I'd update here. 

I'm on xbox one, build v1.1.69578. 

I was directed by gearbox to uninstall and reinstall. I did. Twice. No difference. The crashes don't seem specific to a zone. I've just reached Haworth Labs and am still experiencing them. 

I've found that if I just continuously load the save file it'll eventually load. Sometimes it takes up to four attempts. 

But it has happened nearly every time I try loading the game, no matter what area I'm in, what quest I'm doing, or where I was when I quit. 

I've reached Haworth Labs and was just about to take the conveyor belt when the game crashed while playing for the first time. I'm guessing there was about to be a loading screen because it reacted the same way it does when I try to load a save. Now it seems to have corrupted my game as my notes are no longer accessible. I loaded a previous save file and notes that I picked up before I crashed, but hadn't yet picked up in the previous save are no longer able to be picked up. No matter what save file I load - whether it is early saves or recent saves - my notes look the same across all saves. They stop at the "jubilator grand derby" note - even in save files where I hadn't yet reached the jubilator area - and I cannot scroll beyond it. There is no longer a "statistics" at the bottom and at least a dozen notes are missing. 

I'm really starting to get frustrated. I love this game and I just want to play it but these sort of errors are making it impossible. I've really been enjoying the notes and now I can't read any that I pick up. :(

Guest Anonymous

Platform xbox1 version 1.1.69578

Hi I've been having these issues aswell I'm at the part in the parade and I'm stuck on the Britannia mission and everytime I spawn in I can not even walk 5 metres without it crashing could you please put some light on this situation because it is quite ridiculous that a game that I have just brought  is doing this

Guest Hatter

Hello!

I have build v1.1.69578 on Xbox One and have only been playing a couple days, but I run into this problem every time I'm trying to load up the save file. I've tried pressing continue (crash), I've tried loading two different auto saves (crash crash), and I've tried loading a manual save (crash). I'm not sure how the save files got corrupted, I think I was at the train station? It has happened before with the continue playing option but I eventually got it to pull up with an auto save. Hope this ends up being an easy fix! Let me know if anyone has any ideas. 

Guest Kenny Canto

Game crashed for the 12th time or so after beating Arthur's story. 

I boot it up again to find my saves corrupted.

Bummer, guess I'll wait for a update and maybe beat it on easy, just in case it happens again..The game played ok till around maidenholm, 10-11 hours in the constant crashing started. If not updated soon I may unfortunately may have to sell this game that I quite dig but whatever, I'm broke...

Guest ContemptibleLEW

Xbox one. Game crashes when I try to load/continue game. I want my money back.

Guest ContemptibleLEW

Xbox one.  Can't load or continue Game. I want my money back.  I've been robbed.

Guest Guesy

Hello, 

I recently purchased the game on PS4 and I really enjoy playing the game. However I on the side quest "Golden Oldies" and while I was retrieving the second golden record the game froze completely. I can still hear the ambience however the rest of the game is frozen. Hopefully this gets fixed soon because I really enjoy the game.

12 hours ago, Guest Guesy said:

Hello, 

I recently purchased the game on PS4 and I really enjoy playing the game. However I on the side quest "Golden Oldies" and while I was retrieving the second golden record the game froze completely. I can still hear the ambience however the rest of the game is frozen. Hopefully this gets fixed soon because I really enjoy the game.

Hello Geusy,
Did the game freeze again at the same place when you rebooted the game? Or did your save data become corrupted?
Thank you very much!
-Laura

Guest KanaHyde

Hi. 

Ps4 system, v1.1.69541, with Arthur. The game continue to crush (I'm on the general map, in front of the first bridge)....

I'm not continue the game until the problem will fixed! I don't want to restare all! Exspecially because.... I don't want this problem and playing a game with anxety and the risk to lose my save. (Again).

Guest KanaHyde

Hi. 

Ps4 system, v1.1.69541, with Arthur. The game continue to crush (I'm on the general map, in front of the first bridge)....

I'm not continue the game until the problem will fixed! I don't want to restare all! Exspecially because.... I don't want this problem and playing a game with anxety and the risk to lose my save. (Again).

Guest 0000

ps4, ver 1.169641

the house of the future in apple holm - cannot precede - all saves crash after loading 

Guest 000

further to the above

restarting the game at the last hatch causes many more bugs:

- the save option remains greyed out

- the door to the bed and hatch is now closed

- theres a hostile "what are you doing in my house" npc in the cannon puzzle area who clearly should not be there

i was enjoying this game but now feel angry and want my money back : (

Guest Mega

I cant finish Arthur story as it keeps crashing all the time , I stopped playing to wait for this problem to be fixed .

I already restarted the story many times due to this issue

Guest Crashes galore

I'm having similar issues with my game as well. Playing on PS4 with v. 1.1.69541 experiencing multiple crashes and bugs. NPCs disappearing or getting stuck below ground level, getting locked in the shop during the You Can't Beat the Odds side quest, and horrible lag walking around Maidenholm with several loading screens and random crashes walking around.

But the worst has been the game crashing as I try to enter the building for the A Malpractice of Doctors quest. Tried several times to get in and I'm dissatisfied I can no longer progress the storyline.

Guest Smpovey

PlayStation 4, v.1.1.69541, crashed when I entered seconded part of the parade and when my save files load they crash whilst Arthur is talking about bad joy 

Guest Ruudi123465

I have had this problem on PS4 with the build v1.169541 and the mission the glitch happens on was at the parade o think entering a section where it was like a doctor as Arthur I am very upset cause it was my fave game

Guest Kschaill

I bought we happy few digitally on PS4 love the game. However I have played it and experienced crashing several times going back to home screen. I am in the health institute and it crashed the first time then reloaded the game as well and load my save and before anything happened after loading someone would start saying and then crash again. I haven't played since because it's frustrating since this is the third save file it's happened with.

On PS4, Build v1.169541, save file will not load, and repeatedly crashes. On Apple Holm island, after just entering the Doctor's Medical Building and angering some red Bobbies. I really don't want to lose this save file, I've put in so many hours into the game, please help!!!
Link to a video which I can only upload to Twitter (sorry!): https://twitter.com/GeorgiaESinclai/status/1031535895139237894On PS4, Build v1.169541, save file will not load, and repeatedly crashes. On Apple Holm island, after just entering the Doctor's Medical Building and angering some red Bobbies. I really don't want to lose this save file, I've put in so many hours into the game, please help!!!

Link to the recording of it which I can only upload to Twitter (sorry!): https://twitter.com/GeorgiaESinclai/status/1031535895139237894

Guest Jaysin02
On 8/13/2018 at 2:48 AM, Guest Ssikayy- Xbox said:

Hi guys, I’m playing we happy few on Xbox one S and my game keeps crashing as I load up into “the malpractice of doctors” as soon as the coconut joy part happened. I went to the control panel and it froze and crashed.. trying to load back in it crashes again. Done it about 7 times now 

This is where mine corrupted my save file, so it won't load anymore. But it was crashing lots before, usually after I died and it loaded back up, or after cutscenes. Can't really tell when it started maybe after light bearer quest.

Guest ERV

I just downloaded the update last night for PS4 (Build v1.3.70168) and I still have the same problems. My Auto Save won’t load or my Manual Save. Arthur will say a couple of sentences and then the game will crash. I am in The Parade. The only save that will load is the “Last Shelter Visited” one but when I load it up it will crash around 5 minutes into playing. I am doing the story quest “Letter of Transit” where I need to go to the broadcast tower and “Hostile Takeover” where I need to to disable the motilene pumps. Please fix this ASAP, it is so frustrating because I had to stop playing it about a week and a half ago and now I still can’t because it just keeps crashing even after the update.

Guest Guest Sam
On 8/13/2018 at 4:15 PM, Guest cmr said:

Both my best friend and I are experiencing the crashes on PS4. 

We both have build v1.1.69541.

Her save is in the Parade, and mine is in the Haworth Labs, both playing as Arthur.

We were both so incredibly excited for the game and are now super disappointed that it's doing this to us.

I totally understand. I'm on PS4 and I have put about 12 hours into the game for my game to be corrupt. I;m looking into getting my money back.

Lmao so I previously posted on this because my game files were corrupted so I decided to start again. I’ve made it farther than last time but now I have run into new issues. I’m playing on the PS4 v.1.3.70168. I was excited when I was notified of an application update but it seemed to make everything worse :(. I’m playing as Arthur in the Parade District about to do the Malpractice of Doctors quest and it will randomly crash and if I wait too long to load it back up again my game will immediately crash upon entry. I thought it was just auto saves but it is also manuel saves aswell in the Parade District. The only safe way for me to open it is save file where I’m in a shelter (last shelter visted or somethin like that) Anyways I dont want to keep going back to a shelter in hopes I get there in time before my game crashes. Please fix this soon because everyday I want to play this game less and less and I was so looking forward to this game.

Guest Act 3 crash
On 8/11/2018 at 4:08 PM, JPLeighton said:

Hello! We've noticed several people are encountering a crash when attempting to load their save games. We thank you for taking the time to post about your issues here. If you want a more immediate response with potential troubleshooting steps, please refer to Gearbox Support here: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new  

Gearbox's Technical Support staff will be able to process your issue and add it into our bug database. However, we can still use some info in gauging where the issue is happening the most. If you have this issue, feel free to report some information in a Reply to this thread. We request the following information:

1. Please list the Platform you encountered the Crash (PC, XBox One, PS4, XBox One X, PS4 Pro)
  2. List the version of the game, found on the Bottom Right of the Main Menu
  3. The general area in which the Save File that crashes was saved at such as the Quest, or the Island (This is Optional, but if you can it could be helpful)

We apologize for any issues that you may have had with these crashes. We hope to get this resolved as soon as possible. Expect a patch in the coming weeks addressing these crashes, among other issues.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe D. Leighton
Senior QA Analyst at Compulsion Games

UPDATE!!!

The recent Hotfix should Address the most serious Save Corruption issues relating to PS4. The PS4 Patch is labelled as v1.2.XXXXX while the PC will be v1.3.XXXXX. Please note that there is no way to recover a "Corrupt" save from PlayStation 4 consoles, even if the Save Data itself is fine. You can read about the HotFix here:

I posted in the other thread but I'll just reiterate here, on PS4 v1.3.70168 in act 3 just experienced 2 crashes in the span of a few minutes. On the second load up I got the corrupt files prompt and everything was deleted. I'm so demotivated. This game is amazing and I want to love it, but there's just so many issues for a $60 game I'm honestly surprised.

Guest Kbounty
On 8/13/2018 at 5:10 AM, Guest Blackout said:

Hey,

I've been having this issue a lot. It seems to happen mostly when it does an auto save and in what i assume an error occurs during the saving process which corrupts the save data. This in turn makes it impossible to use the "continue" option on the starting menu because it uses the auto save. I've notice that by constantly saving manually i can kind of back it up, but this worked until i got to the end of act 1 and while loading act 2 it happend again and corrupted the all the saves of that particular game and deleted it. So now i have to start the whole game again.

Hope this helps track down some issues relate to this.

Awesome game otherwise, but kinda unplayable atm with the amount of crashes I'm experiencing.

Mine did this while loading Act 2 as well. Very frustrating