JPLeighton

[CRASH] Game crashing when loading your save file? Please read/post here!

Hello! We've noticed several people are encountering a crash when attempting to load their save games. We thank you for taking the time to post about your issues here. If you want a more immediate response with potential troubleshooting steps, please refer to Gearbox Support here: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new  

Gearbox's Technical Support staff will be able to process your issue and add it into our bug database. However, we can still use some info in gauging where the issue is happening the most. If you have this issue, feel free to report some information in a Reply to this thread. We request the following information:

1. Please list the Platform you encountered the Crash (PC, XBox One, PS4, XBox One X, PS4 Pro)
  2. List the version of the game, found on the Bottom Right of the Main Menu
  3. The general area in which the Save File that crashes was saved at such as the Quest, or the Island (This is Optional, but if you can it could be helpful)

We apologize for any issues that you may have had with these crashes. We hope to get this resolved as soon as possible. Expect a patch in the coming weeks addressing these crashes, among other issues.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe D. Leighton
Senior QA Analyst at Compulsion Games

UPDATE!!!

The recent Hotfix should Address the most serious Save Corruption issues relating to PS4. The PS4 Patch is labelled as v1.2.XXXXX while the PC will be v1.3.XXXXX. Please note that there is no way to recover a "Corrupt" save from PlayStation 4 consoles, even if the Save Data itself is fine. You can read about the HotFix here:

Guest It’s a me malario

Hi

I have had this problem twice. I’m playing on ps4, game version v1.1.69541. I don’t remember the first time when this happend but it did got fixed when I deleted the corrupted save file. Second time happend after Nick Lightbearers side mission when I was sneaking back to my Maidenholm save house. Not long after I left Nicks house the game crashed again and I’m taken back to my ps4 home screen and when I try to start the game again it almost finishes loading but when Arthur says something half way through the sentense the game crashes and corruptes the save file.I have tried to, delete the corrupted save file, download previous save file from ps cloud storage and have deleted and redownloaded the game but nothing helps. 

Hope this helps you guys and I’m sure everyone would like if the problem got fixed as soon as possible, not, quote” in the next few weeks”

Thanks

55 minutes ago, Guest It’s a me malario said:

Hi

I have had this problem twice. I’m playing on ps4, game version v1.1.69541. I don’t remember the first time when this happend but it did got fixed when I deleted the corrupted save file. Second time happend after Nick Lightbearers side mission when I was sneaking back to my Maidenholm save house. Not long after I left Nicks house the game crashed again and I’m taken back to my ps4 home screen and when I try to start the game again it almost finishes loading but when Arthur says something half way through the sentense the game crashes and corruptes the save file.I have tried to, delete the corrupted save file, download previous save file from ps cloud storage and have deleted and redownloaded the game but nothing helps. 

Hope this helps you guys and I’m sure everyone would like if the problem got fixed as soon as possible, not, quote” in the next few weeks”

Thanks

Yeah, we put out a fairly generous time frame, simply because we can't be certain until we figure things out. This might not just be a single issue. Regardless, it's definitely an urgent fix and our Programming Hamsters are working diligently to track the issue down. You'll most certainly get more news from us on these forums, and possibly elsewhere to keep you guys posted.

Guest Blackout

Hey,

I've been having this issue a lot. It seems to happen mostly when it does an auto save and in what i assume an error occurs during the saving process which corrupts the save data. This in turn makes it impossible to use the "continue" option on the starting menu because it uses the auto save. I've notice that by constantly saving manually i can kind of back it up, but this worked until i got to the end of act 1 and while loading act 2 it happend again and corrupted the all the saves of that particular game and deleted it. So now i have to start the whole game again.

Hope this helps track down some issues relate to this.

Awesome game otherwise, but kinda unplayable atm with the amount of crashes I'm experiencing.

Guest GuestFella

Hello! I am experiencing this with all saves, it will load most of the way and then crash before fully getting through the loading screen. I'm on PS4 Pro, game version v1.1.69541

I played for the first time this morning and saved right after exiting the church in my now-tattered suit. Hope that helps and this gets patched! I'm hesitant to start a fresh save since I fear making even more progress and then not being able to load it up again. Really love what I've played so far, well done on the game overall!

Guest Just guy

You guys had 2 years BEFORE it was ported to the PS4... Don’t pass the ball to gearbox when you guys had the wide open shot

2 hours ago, The51stDragon said:

Why are you passing your responsibilities off on Gearbox?

9 minutes ago, Guest Just guy said:

You guys had 2 years BEFORE it was ported to the PS4... Don’t pass the ball to gearbox when you guys had the wide open shot

Compulsion are simply using Gearboxes infrastructure to log tickets. Why would they expect Gearbox to fix software they have had no direct programming involvement in?

11 minutes ago, tec said:

Compulsion are simply using Gearboxes infrastructure to log tickets. Why would they expect Gearbox to fix software they have had no direct programming involvement in?

The mere fact they cant even handle taking tickets doesnt fill me with optimism here...indie studio that is in way over its head

39 minutes ago, The51stDragon said:

The mere fact they cant even handle taking tickets doesnt fill me with optimism here...indie studio that is in way over its head

Then clearly you have no understanding of how things work. As an indie studio their focus is on the game.  A publisher can facilitate other types of infrastructure including things like support tickets so the studio doesn't need to.  Its no indication of anyone's ability to do anything. Many many people outsource their support structure for many types of business. Fact. Any tickets will be passed to the devs to review. If you want to send a letter do you deliver it yourself or put it in the mailbox?

Guest Ssikayy- Xbox

Hi guys, I’m playing we happy few on Xbox one S and my game keeps crashing as I load up into “the malpractice of doctors” as soon as the coconut joy part happened. I went to the control panel and it froze and crashed.. trying to load back in it crashes again. Done it about 7 times now 

10 minutes ago, Guest Ssikayy- Xbox said:

Hi guys, I’m playing we happy few on Xbox one S and my game keeps crashing as I load up into “the malpractice of doctors” as soon as the coconut joy part happened. I went to the control panel and it froze and crashed.. trying to load back in it crashes again. Done it about 7 times now 

Really don’t wanna to have to start it again. A fix ASAP would be ? if possible. Love the game had it since early days

Guest Jess

Playing on PS4 with the build v1.1.69541 and everytime I’m in maidenholm my game starts to crash several times. Mainly from just walking about. Works fine everywhere else but maidenholm and occasionally luds holm then there is issues

Guest cmr

Both my best friend and I are experiencing the crashes on PS4. 

We both have build v1.1.69541.

Her save is in the Parade, and mine is in the Haworth Labs, both playing as Arthur.

We were both so incredibly excited for the game and are now super disappointed that it's doing this to us.

Guest disstructr

Son (15) bought digital WHF Gold for PS4 and just lost his mind when, after a few days of ply, trying to load a saved game, it crashed, then he got a corrupt data message and any saved games gone... gotta start from the top.

NG

Guest xdb

I was playing on the PS4, but now I can't start it. When it starts, it becomes an error screen. Try restarting again, as well... It is the same for both automatic and manual save data(saved in Parade). version v1.1.69541

Guest MC87

Just wanted to send out a quick thank you to Compulsion for heading up this thread so I would know where to report my issue. I appreciate it! I also just wanted to spread around some positivity because I see Compulsion catching a lot of flack on this and other threads/social media outlets. I get it - people paid a lot of money for a game that they hoped would be 100% out the gate - who doesn't hope for that? Regardless, almost every...single...new...release...has unforeseen issues in the first few weeks (seriously - I know y'all remember the COD WWII fiasco, right?). So long as you're handling the issues as quickly as possible - I have no beef. :) TIA for all you do to rectify these buggy issues!

Hello!

I was playing on the PS4, version v1.169541 and I was in Luds Holm by the 2nd track access. I was playing as Arthur and I was looking for mushrooms so I could do the Mysterious House quest. I’m pretty sure it auto saved for me and when it did the game crashed and when I tried to load it up again the game said my game file was corrupted. This honest to god broke my heart because I love this game and I’ve put alot of time into it and I don’t want it all to go to waste. You can take as long as you need I just really want my save file back please and thank you :)

Guest Hazza

I'm playing the xbox one version and my game crashes two or three times I try to load a any save file. It wouldn't be so bad it the title screen took as long to load! I'm on ver 1.1.69578, currently in Ravensholm but has happened every time I've tried loading the game.

It's a real shame as I'd been looking forward to the game but this is actually taking the shine off it. To the point I can barely be bothered to continue playing. Sorry to say but I'm disappointed.

Guest Atticus

Hi!

I'm playing the game on the PS4 on version v1.169541, while playing it since August 10th I'd been experiencing quite a few crashes, most of them happening while I was in either Maidenholm or St. Georges Holm (my PS4 is currently up to date with updates). On the 8th crash I was in St. Georges doing the "A Sucker For Science" side quest, collecting toxic fog, and right after I finished collecting the fog my game crashed again. The fog was by a safe house (Secondary St. Georges Holm if I remember correctly) that I fast traveled to and auto-saved when I got to it, so I tried to reload my save and got the message that the data was corrupted.

I've been enjoying the game so far despite coming across some other bugs, ranging from minor inconveniences like NPC being stuck in the ground to being unable to attack enemies despite hitting them while they're right in front of me even when they aren't blocking (had this happen when trying to fight the plough boys during the "Superb Meat Boy" side quest). I think there may have even been a case of a quest just not appearing in my game ("Looks Like Rain" in Maidenholm, I combed over the entire map at least ten times, removing all the clouds on the map, trying to find it, and I know it's a very obvious quest to find) but I'm still holding out that maybe it's an error on my part. But after this, I'm finding it a bit difficult to continue enjoying it, I'm sorry to say.

I'm holding off playing for a little while since I don't wanna risk losing a new save file, but I hope to be able to get back into the game soon. Thank you for putting up this thread, and thank you for addressing these issues!

Hello!
I'm playing this game on PS4 and have had many crashes throughout the days I've been playing. I was willing to overlook them since I really just wanted to play this game since I've been excited for it for so long. However, today was awful because it looks like I cannot progress the main story as Arthur. I am currently in the Parade District and have just lifted the Quarantine from the Health Building, but every time I try to escape/leave the building, my game will instantly crash. I can no longer load my autosave for it anymore as well because as soon as it finishes loading, it immediately crashes as well. I have loaded previous saves and made my way back to the same point but it continues to crash each time. 

This is extremely annoying and unfortunate since I completely just can't continue the game anymore. My PS4 has the latest update as well as the game but it still crashes. I don't have a choice other than to stop playing until this issue is resolved at some point, which I hope is soon! 

Guest Wasteoftime

Platform is PS4 & it's version 1.1.69541

I just completed the game, it was loading a screen Sally Act 2, then it said there was a problem and made me close out(this is not the first time)... So I restarted, loaded up the game and a screen came up that said "file corrupted delete all.. I don't remember which button I pushed trying to get off that screen or if it even gave me any option to back out but I just lost ALL my saves.. Its not even worth trying again... This has never happened to me on my PS4..

PS4 version 1.1.69541

My partner played through as Arthur until he got the 'improved formula for Joy' and crashed entering a cutscene. On restarting the game her game saves were declared 'corrupt' and lost. All six game saves are gone.

Guest sheshie

PS4 version 1.1.69541

I've had crashing randomly throughout my playthrough most of the game, but now I'm in the Parade and it's gotten to the point where I try to load up the save and then get the crash screen.

Guest CasualJD

Hello!

My game keeps crashing while trying to load saves in the Parade District, specifically during the Malpractice of Doctors quest. When loading, Arthur comments on the “Eddie Goes Downer” side quest before the game crashes (whether I complete or ignore the side quest makes no difference). I am playing build v1.1.69541 on PS4.

Thanks for working to find and address the problem! It’s frustrating, but I’m confident you’re all working hard to get it fixed as soon as possible!