Sign in to follow this  
lucigen

Build 12 Feedback

So I haven't finished or checked my notes for anything but I encountered one big bug the other day and wanted to let you guys know ASAP

- Major: you can avoid bobbies by sitting on a bench

> it was night time and they caught me, fearing for my life, albeit with a spot of curiosity I ran to a park bench and sat down. While they leered at me for many minutes (I went afk honestly) I was completely unharmed and by day they eventually let me stand up and continue about. This makes things rather easy, would recommend changing so you at least have to hide behind the newspaper :P

Good find :) using the bench or similar objects to decrease suspicion shouldn't work during the curfew.

Whew, alright a couple other things after today

- bobbies don't aggro on wastrels anymore?

- I kind of think being able to vault the walls makes the game too easy. I like how they could force you to be really careful at night

- I somehow got ahead of the fuse journal. Careful! Especially when fuses disappear from inventory when you plug them in

- i like the new crafting thing, but I'm having a ton of trouble managing my inventory. Especially with suits taking 6 spaces, and the frustration of crafting materials not taking up the spaces the materials previously occupied. When I dont know what items are good for what i carry more than I need in hopes of finding recipes which doesn't feel like the intent.

- hiding under a bed should probably not be instant (the number of times i quick dive under is silly). Also would recommend longer timers on entering home base and drinking the flower pots. Flower pots can be consumed while stamina recharges for ez getaways with refilling hp

- can still avoid dmg from baddies by standing on beds

- I think nightime having like... some amount fewer bobbies would increase nighttime usability while still forcing you to take risks

- it doesnt feel to me like there is a meaningful amount of time that gets spent in the garden district. Not sure if this will be fixed with narrative, but it would be nice to feel like there's more reason to stay there

- a number of times i was just walking down the street and somehow pulled aggro. I have no idea why

- I really like the move slow and ive decided the sleeping to restore stamina is a great addition

- bobbies have +90 resistance to rolling pins

- weird kinda thing where you can craft things while sitting/hiding under bed, but you can't use? Was that intentional?

overall it feels really good. I love the graphic improvements since 2 months ago, and there really feels like ALOT of stuff in the world. I like how descriptions are somewhat vague, and I especially like that if you have all the items for a recipe, it'll auto discover (for a game thats probably intended to be played multiple times thats a great anti-frustration tool. But I think the new massive number of items has caused some inventory management problems (i have no idea what is valuable) and I keep getting piles of things that seem to do nothing. That and some

Hey again @lucigen,

Just some replies on your concerns regarding the inventory:

- i like the new crafting thing, but I'm having a ton of trouble managing my inventory. Especially with suits taking 6 spaces, and the frustration of crafting materials not taking up the spaces the materials previously occupied. When I dont know what items are good for what i carry more than I need in hopes of finding recipes which doesn't feel like the intent.

A few things:

- You don't actually need to have items with you to discover recipes. As long as you had it in your possession in the past, it'll count towards discovery. So you can safely stash everything that you don't actually need in the wild without fear of losing discoveries.

- You also don't need components in your inventory to craft. Stash contents are considered when crafting, so all those grey items can go straight to the stash and you can access them ~magically~.

- I agree about space used by crafting components not being "freed" when considering crafting. Unfortunately, it's not a simple problem to solve, especially if you have multiple instances of the same components floating around. I'd basically have to flag everything somehow as "temporarily free", and if removing some of those temporarily freed items would actually allow crafting something, then favour those items first and foremost. It's absolutely mandatory on my list to fix this QOL issue, but it'd take a bit of time to get it right and I'm still tackling lots of other features.

- Beyond the added variety of items, inventory management is especially painful right now since inventory expansion items were dropped from the loot tables during the loot table revamp. Don't worry, I have assigned dunce caps to the designers responsible. In the meantime, feel free to use the UnlockInventory console command, I won't judge you for it.

(- a number of times i was just walking down the street and somehow pulled aggro. I have no idea why)

I watched your stream yesterday, and clearly you keep having your fist out, thats why the wellies became aggressive xD