Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Was one of the first people to grab We Happy Few on Xbox Preview back in 2016 and have been waiting for the full release with intrigue.

Sadly the Full version is a total buggy mess and I write this after losing 5hrs of progress due to a game breaking bug and disappointment is real right now.

1: NPCs disappear when talking to them, literally they will just vanish right in front of you.

2: Clipping - from enemies falling through the floor to finding myself under the world suddenly whilst crouching through grass.

3: Guards that instantly reset to their starting patrol positions after moving them via distractions just for them to snap back into place without them walking back

4: Train Station bug - Story mission requires you to ring a bell to gain entry back inside station only to find shutters already up with doors closed and no bell to ring - this broke my game as had to get access to top of tower but fell through the world whilst on lift only to die and respawn outside station and could not gain entry.

The first update patch needs to do a lot!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was one of the first people to grab We Happy Few on Xbox Preview back in 2016 and have been waiting for the full release with intrigue.

Sadly the Full version is a total buggy mess and I write this after losing 5hrs of progress due to a game breaking bug and disappointment is real right now.

1: NPCs disappear when talking to them, literally they will just vanish right in front of you.

2: Clipping - from enemies falling through the floor to finding myself under the world suddenly whilst crouching through grass.

3: Guards that instantly reset to their starting patrol positions after moving them via distractions just for them to snap back into place without them walking back

4: Train Station bug - Story mission requires you to ring a bell to gain entry back inside station only to find shutters already up with doors closed and no bell to ring - this broke my game as had to get access to top of tower but fell through the world whilst on lift only to die and respawn outside station and could not gain entry.

 

10-08-2018_17-09-53.png

10-08-2018_17-07-23.png

10-08-2018_17-08-53.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t seen any of these issues yet. Can you state which location/circumstances  you experienced them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Descriptions all describe them perfectly well to be fair. Especially in first five hours.....pictures show the clipping, Train station is a story mission bug. Have seen many reviews all mentioned Ng similar bugs so....

8 minutes ago, tec said:

I haven’t seen any of these issues yet. Can you state which location/circumstances  you experienced them?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ljr90

I can't even play it, game crashes and loses all progress at the loading screen after the tunnel at the beginning. Uninstalled and in the process of reinstalling now. Took 7 hours to install in the first place due to my internet connection. And this is with a freaking hard copy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest David
3 hours ago, Guest Ljr90 said:

I can't even play it, game crashes and loses all progress at the loading screen after the tunnel at the beginning. Uninstalled and in the process of reinstalling now. Took 7 hours to install in the first place due to my internet connection. And this is with a freaking hard copy

I have the same exact issue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems many are having a lot of similar problems across all platforms.

This 'patch' various Compulsion Game peeps in these forums keep mentioning needs to happen quickly....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cockney Charmer said:

Seems many are having a lot of similar problems across all platforms.

This 'patch' various Compulsion Game peeps in these forums keep mentioning needs to happen quickly....

Indeed. To the topic of those screenshots where you can see Out Of World, we've never quite seen it that bad.

If you could do us a favor, would it be possible to get a screenshot of your map when you find yourself underground like in the screenshot here? It might help us track down where this particular issue occurs. With that added information, I'll be able to write a bug for our team to look at.


10-08-2018_17-09-53.thumb.png.fe1fbbbca1

As a final note, thanks a bunch for detailing your issues so well. If you would like to get some more immediate support (possible workarounds to issues), then I would recommend opening a Support Ticket on the Gearbox Support website here: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. They have support staff available to provide you with guidance on actions you might take to get around the issues with the game, they will also refer these issues to us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problem OP had, with the bell missing and the shutters seemingly up. Turned out the bell was there, but not visible, so I was able to activate it anyway and gain entry. I'm not on Xbox however, but on PC.

I've had this problem in several locations since; it was especially bad in a cellar with plague wastrels. All the objects, including the floor, were missing for a long time.

I'm in the Parade District now, and this problem has gotten really bad; the buildings and NPCs load immediately, but there are no objects, including doors, visible for a long time. They pop into existence sometimes several minutes later. It is still possible to blindly interact with them though.

Think I'll hold off on playing any more for now. There have been a lot of minor bugs up to this point, which I've been able to live with, but this one ruins it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to reinstall whole game and replay it again to this point and luckily progress wasn't stopped by a missing bell. Hope it resolves for you.

I'm the same, working to try and play this but genuinely feel as though I'm still playing a preview build instead of a full released title.

As for pinpointing the area where I suffered 'being under the world's sadly no longer have that save file as reinstalled and removed all prwvious data to have a clean run. It occurred just after you raid the military base and in grassland between there and returning to train station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JPLeighton said:

Indeed. To the topic of those screenshots where you can see Out Of World, we've never quite seen it that bad.

If you could do us a favor, would it be possible to get a screenshot of your map when you find yourself underground like in the screenshot here? It might help us track down where this particular issue occurs. With that added information, I'll be able to write a bug for our team to look at.


10-08-2018_17-09-53.thumb.png.fe1fbbbca1

As a final note, thanks a bunch for detailing your issues so well. If you would like to get some more immediate support (possible workarounds to issues), then I would recommend opening a Support Ticket on the Gearbox Support website here: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. They have support staff available to provide you with guidance on actions you might take to get around the issues with the game, they will also refer these issues to us.

 

 

5 hours ago, tec said:

Which I am not seeing on Xbox One this illustrating the difficulty in tracking bugs in a game like this. 

Officially done with this "game" which has released fully two years after original preview version but in a far worse buggier version. I really don't know how your playtesters signed off on this travesty of a release..reason why I'm done...

More falling through the dam world, this should be embarrassing so here you go, screenshot of it happening and where on the map so you can "file a bug report for a future patch".

This game is under 3 days since final release ffs people:

 

12-08-2018_17-03-17.png

12-08-2018_17-02-32.png

12-08-2018_17-02-58.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, just want to add to the list of potential bugs people could run into.

a few times i've had NPC's die randomly (which I'm not complaining about so much because it makes for easy sneaking/looting) but if anybody else has this I could see this being a problem. A couple times after being spotted by someone in their house they have immediately fallen asleep in their bed (again, not complaining because I easily knock them out and loot the house without a problem) but in terms of realism it's a joke. A couple clipping issues through my playthrough on xbox one with houses not appearing except a window or a doorway with everything else invisible. A few buildings are like this in the village for me with random plant pots sticking out from nowhere. 

I don't want to come down too hard on these issues because this is the most unique game i've played in a very long time and i'm still enjoying it but it seems that for a lot of people these bugs are game breaking which is a shame. Hopefully these can be patched pretty quickly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to add a few more to my list.

Game crashed on me and returned me in the world with the only way of having any movement was to crouch/sneak. No walking/running/jumping....just crouching.

Constantly crashing when trying to enter Wellington Health centre 

It's only getting worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Cockney Charmer said:

Would like to add a few more to my list.

Game crashed on me and returned me in the world with the only way of having any movement was to crouch/sneak. No walking/running/jumping....just crouching.

Constantly crashing when trying to enter Wellington Health centre 

It's only getting worse

Yup now game crashes after every major story cutscene event.... well, am out for definite this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Y_tho78

There is a bug on ps4 with securing shelters i powered the shelters or did whatever i needed to actually stay in them but i cand power the hatch in them also a shelter im in is powered but the lights arent turning on and the hatch keeps saying secure the area 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Guest Y_tho78 said:

There is a bug on ps4 with securing shelters i powered the shelters or did whatever i needed to actually stay in them but i cand power the hatch in them also a shelter im in is powered but the lights arent turning on and the hatch keeps saying secure the area  

 

Hello Y_tho78, could you tell us the name of the shelters or their location on the map?
One of the shelters you described sounds like the one in Lud's Holm. Were their plague wastrels inside that you evacuated? Have you fixed the holes in the wall?
Thank you.

-Laura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalized content and ads. Privacy Policy