I've reinstalled the game and I've verified the integrity of game files. Every time I try to open the game I get "Failed to open descriptor file '../ ../ ../GlimpseGame/GlimpseGame.uproject'

Any help?

whferror.PNG

Guest Samayel

it is the same error that many people (including myself) are getting:  Their Steam has not gotten the required patch yet and is not sending it downstream to them.  Apparently, we are just going to have to wait until our steam updates.  *heavy sigh*

Just now, Iris_Lockspur said:

You were a pre-alpha player, correct?

Yes, I was. Bought the game a couple years back on Kickstarter.

2 minutes ago, Iris_Lockspur said:

Okay that's six now, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Hidude said:

Yes, I was. Bought the game a couple years back on Kickstarter.

I got mine from kickstarter too. But to get it working i have had to trick steam .Go to Beta's click life in technicolour and then wait a few minutes for the download to start then switch back.

image.png.b0017915b19d57f21aced89aa820525a.png

Edited by DataWolf
Spelling Duh

Just now, DataWolf said:

Go to Beta's click life in technicolour and then wait a few minutes for the download to start then switch back. That's how i got mine

image.png.b0017915b19d57f21aced89aa820525a.png

Thank you, I see the 8 gb update now. I'll be playing this all night.

Just now, Hidude said:

Thank you, I see the 8 gb update now. I'll be playing this all night.

Not an issue glad i could help

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DataWolf said:

Not an issue glad i could help

I think Sam fixed it behind the scenes right as you tried that, it is working now!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DataWolf said:

I have had a few steam games do the same thing that's the only reason why i suggested that 

You helped too, though! And you're technically the first pre-alpha player to get the download working!

• Like 1

I'm now having this issue. Game launches but upon beginning to load to the main menu, it crashes every time.

Guest GMHuggins

Mine also crashes.  It gets to the point of showing the wall with "It's never too late to have a happy past" on it and then it crashes.

Just now, Guest GMHuggins said:

Mine also crashes.  It gets to the point of showing the wall with "It's never too late to have a happy past" on it and then it crashes.

This is about how far mine makes it as well.

I've now uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. My system meets the minimum requirements for the game so I'm not sure what's causing the crashing. I was able to run the Early Access version just fine.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this.

If you're still having issues, I would suggest submitting a ticket with Gearbox support:
https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

They will be able to troubleshoot the problem and get back to you as soon as possible.

We'll be releasing a hotfix in the coming weeks which will address performance, stability and other major issues.

Cheers,

Lee