Sign in to follow this  
Zotaku87

Sportsball

Generally I'm not too into sports. However, I'm an American living in New Zealand, and since I know Compulsion's very own @Sam is a Kiwi I just have to say this:

GO BLACK CAPS. YOU GUYS FRIGGIN' ROCKED TONIGHT.

Badasses, the lot of 'em.

For the record, the Black Caps are New Zealand's cricket team, and tonight they won their place in the Cricket World Cup finals for the FIRST TIME EVER. More than that, they won it with ONE BALL REMAINING. For a guy who's not into sports, tonight was a momentous occasion. :D

@Zotaku87 you beautiful man. WHAT A GAME. HOLY CRAP.

The timing in this part of the world was just terrible - I had to head to bed when the rain came down. Scary scary time, AB is a phenomenal player, and I just wasn't sure how things were going to go down. And, what's worse, is that I've totally been an Elliott doubter... but not any more!

Welcome to the wonderful world of NZ cricket. It's the best time to join :) Many, many of my family and friends were at the game, and I've never seen my facebook feed so taken over by cricket.

@Sam I was there too! The crowd was electric, and the Caps made us sweat the entire time they were batting. But man, that finale made it all worth it. 2 balls to go, 4 points needed to tie (and win), Elliot hits a 6, and fireworks go off.

It was an incredible moment. The crowd just went batshit insane, and for good reason. So glad I was there to experience it. :)

You lucky bastard, that would have been incredible. The crowd was unreal, for NZ 45k is the most we can fit in a venue.

Now we just need to get you into test cricket, and you'll earn your stripes to play beach cricket with the best.