Sign in to follow this  
Otherbuttons

We Happy Few Streaming thread!

I know there's a few of us who occasionally stream We Happy Few and WHF related streams, so I thought I'd recycle this thread into a good place for posting all those sorts of bits! Feel free to use this thread to discuss streaming the game, fun ideas for streams (challenges, perhaps), and even just post when you're going live!

Also, Thank you to everyone who came into the stream the other week! It was an absolute blast and you all made it so much fun. Most of it's been saved to Hitbox: [Part 1], [Part 2], & [Part 3]. ♥

Now I'm going to feel guilty about bashing in the heads of so many Wastelettes to pilfer their precious metal bits and tape rolls knowing you're one of their voice actresses. D:

Wish I'd have seen this when you posted it. It would have been lovely to watch!

Oh, awesome! I'll definitely give them a watch when I'm not busy with other things.

I can't stream (internet here is the worst) but I really want to try and get another recording session in to put up on YouTube. Might wait until the next build so I can go into a new game without any experience of what to expect. Would it be okay to share that here?

Hey, @Otherbuttons...my internet is so bad I can't even watch the saved streams. Any chance they'll be uploaded anywhere else, or if there's a way to lower quality down to something bufferable on Hitbox? I'm unfamiliar with streaming sites because of my poor ISP. I started trying to watch them about 4 hours ago and I've only got about 6 minutes into the first part because it doesn't load more than 2 seconds per ten minute buffer period.

@Iris_Lockspur

I've had a look at it and unfortunately there's no way to make it lower quality, and Hitbox gives me no option to download it. I'm sorry. 8<

There's word of @Lucigen streaming again at 7pm EST this Sunday! Luci's streams are always really fun and challenging and he can actually play the game (unlike me haha) so check it out at twitch.tv/lucigen if you can.

Well darn. I was so worn out from post-production strike I fell asleep around 7 and missed the whole thing. Hafta add this to the long list of "Watch These at Some Point When Internet is Cooperating"

@OtherButtons, how about that Camilla Stools, eh? Floating around in space like some kinda drugged out Mary Poppins. And Camilla Pickles the Bush Lady.

I'm in the big city on vacation, and with it a great internet connection! I can watch the streams! *flails happily*

@Iris_Lockspur Ughhh you used one of my favorite video game soundtrack ever TloU <3

Also this is amazing! Thank you for sharing :)

Oh crap I didn't know about this thread! I've been streaming every thursday at 7pm EST at twitch.tv/lucigen, and I'm getting pretty good at abusing the mechanics that I think are unbalanced just in case any of the devs stop by and notice. Be up again tomorrow! and then next week I'm going to try to think of something special and stream Wednesday because thursday I'll be en-route to Boston to hang out with these guys :)

That's right, we are having a gathering on Thursday before PAX in a bar in Boston and @Lucigen is going to pass by (and at the booth I hope too during the show). How crazy?! I truly hope to meet all of you at some point.

We will post pictures of course.

@Naila, If I ever visit Montreal I'll have to see if you guys would let me peek around the office. I'd love to meet the team behind We Happy Few and Contrast and doubt I'll ever make it to a PAX.

Oh whoops just saw this in my feed;

As some know I streamwednesday at 12 Pacific but i'm moving it to Every Fridays at 12p Pacific [-8 GMT] (starting May 13th) because of school. I really appreciate you all dropping in; it makes me feel loved. With what @Iris_lockspur said: could that be an invitation to me as well; i planned on heading out east pretty soon.

Thanks again:

http://www.twitch.tv/theteawolf

tumblr_o8m7hej0M61s7eaz7o1_1280.png

We're at it again in a few hours, and if any of you remember the cosplay stream then you'll remember Cam and Soph from the discord chat. This time they're visiting from Leeds and they'll be playing on the couch with us. ♥

I managed to get Bandicam working again last night (few months ago had to stop using it because it would freeze up whatever game it was recording and corrupt the footage), so I was able to get some pretty good footage of the We Happy Few PAX Demo (with minimal cheating, only unlocked inventory and gave myself a Scavenger Extractor when I noticed the prompt at the cars). So expect a little highlight video (I'll post here) sometime this weekend or the start of next week!

At the time I am posting this, only the first two videos are up. But the third should be up by the end of the day. I recorded an hour of the demo from start to finish, and because I had such a difficult time deciding how to edit it I just decided on showing all of it. Basically another way for me to practice commentary on my own (which I honestly hate doing, I sound terrible but whatever). If you'd like to check it out, the playlist is here. I hope to get one more video out before it hits EA, using some old footage and then leading into the new just to show how things have changed. Let me know what you guys think!

Edit; videos hidden, I just watched the second one and noticed the sound is way off with the video. Not sure why. Going to try and fix that.

Right! This time for real, the hour-long PAX demo video I intended to upload in chunks finished overnight. Nothing crazy, just me making my way through the demo in my own way. I'd love to stream We Happy Few but due to internet that'll be a pain, so this is the next best thing. Hope you enjoy, and if you enjoy please feel free to share and give feedback. Still working on solo-recording.