Sign in to follow this  
sneelhorses

Running Away

While playing the pre-alpha, I've developed an (unhealthy?) style of play where I run away from any conflict. Usually, I can escape almost anything. Out at night and spotted by a Bobby? Run away. Stirred up a conflict with too many Wastrels? Run away. It seems like running is a quick way out of any conflict. I'm not trying to say "make the player slower", but I wish there was a larger variety of ways to escape a situation (climb a tree, hide in a closet (it's hard to get under beds), etc.) which would be more appropriate, and perhaps there could be a way to force the player to avoid running? (P.S. "Slowed!" by old ladies doesn't count)

Hey @sneelhorses,

Thanks for the feedback! Running away is always a natural reaction. However, there are many traps/alarms coming as well as night hazards that are going to make running away almost (or more) dangerous than staying to fight.

Imagine thinking that you can run down an alley and lose the bobbies...and there are three of those traps on the path. Running = bad idea :)