Sign in to follow this  
HORROR7

Will the game have ranged weapons? Guns maybe?

@HORROR7 Ranged weapons yes (we have them already, although they're basically just throwable weapons right now), guns no. Or at least, not as you'd know them.

Seeing any kind of ranged weapons besides rocks and glass bottles in the future? Like, say for random example, a noise maker to create a distraction in whatever direction you throw it! :D

@Wilson I don't think we should have guns in this game because it would make it too easy, at least that's my opinion. But I do think having some throw-able objects that have different functions (like the noise maker idea I suggested earlier) would be interesting :P

For what it's worth, I've seen an clip of a soldier wellie that carries a rifle. It's possible, though, they only use the bayonet.

If it were me, I'd include guns (more specifically, the bolt action rifle), but make them hard to find and hard to use. Crafting and finding ammo would be a bit tough also, so the player'd be forced to conserve ammo as much as possible. That way, it wouldn't be reliable enough to replace other forms of combat, but could still let a skilled enough player pull off some awesome stuff.

But that'd just be my idea.

You can craft a banger, that has a bit more impact than throwing a rock, and we definitely have plans for quite a few projectiles with different effects.