Sign in to follow this  
Pandora_Layn

Crazy Idea about We Happy Few plot

Since the Wellys seem all very young, do you people think it is possible that THEY are indeed the children? That they left their parents behind to die in order to live a happy life? Would explain why the younger brother is a citizen, while the older brother is gone...

@Reedo I think it's definitely something to consider. I've been on and off the fence about that, but I think it's possible. At the altar area where you save Ralph from the angry Wastrels, there's a book lying on one of the stones-it's J. M. Barrie's Peter Pan. It could be nothing, but I think it might be some kind of hint or clue about what happened to the children. And if it's the case where as you put it all the adults in Wellington Wells are the children sent away, it would make sense (made me draw up some correlations between Wellington Wells and Neverland).

@ArtzDeeva yes, that seems to make sense... only misses stokes doesn't fit, I just realized... she lost her daughter, didn't she? In that case she must be one of the parents, not one of the children. God dammit this is difficult :D

Perhaps Mrs. Stokes (and all of the old ladies) was a minder for the children, like a nanny. You can't send children away and then leave them to their own devices. But if Wellies were all just children who grew up but didn't know how to be adults, it would make sense why they would still play on the little rides in the parks, jump in puddles, and play patty-cake with each other. Their cars wouldn't have wheels not because of war rationing and scrapping metals but because none of them probably learned to drive. They would just have this unbelievable sense of their childhood being over and yet never ending, and Joy perhaps helps them feel like kids again, the way they were back when the war began.

@Reedo Haha, oh my God it is xD By the time the actual story is woven into the gameplay, we'll all have gone crazy with theories and panderings :P

@Ellia My sister thinks the same thing too, I think you may be onto something. That's actually a really good theory about the old ladies being nannies. Like you said, it would make the Wellies' childlike behaviors and forms of play make sense.